IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going out fishing tomorrow and i prefer to launch rooster rock has anyone been by in the last week ... is the water high enough to launch ? any feedback would be appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the heads up i suppose it will be chinook and little ride on up

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
As of Sunday afternoon there is no way you could launch at Rooster Rock. The bottom of the ramp was 8 feet out of the water.

I barely was able to launch at The Fisheries ( a 19ft. NRiver)and the ramp was down to 1 lane due to the low water.

·
Registered
339 Posts
How is the ride from Chinook landing to Rooster rock? Is there any hazards to watch out for? How long does it typically take? I have a 20ft Willies Asaltor w/130hp prop - it handles chop pretty good without beating you up too much.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Grumman,

How is the ride from Chinook landing to Rooster rock?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">That's a fairly long brutal ride by boat. I've done it in my boat a bunch of times. I'm 22' feet, 5600 lbs and 16 degree full V and it's still a beating. Typically the wind will come up by 9-10AM and it's a slog.

Best bet would be to trailer up to the Fishery.

Brion

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IF THE WIND IS NOT UP IT TAKES ME ABOUT 15 MINS IN MY 14 FT BOAT WITH 40HP ON IT BUT IF THE WIND IS UP THEN I CANNOT BRING MYSELF TO MAKE THE JOURNEY FROM CHINOOK TO ROOSTER ROCK BUT I GONNA GO LAUNCH EARLY AND SEE IF I CAN BEAT THE WIND TO MY KEEPER THANKS

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
It's about 18 miles from Chinook Landing to the Fishery, 20 miles following the channel. If conditions let you go 25- 30 MPH, it's a 40-60 minutes ride.

When (not if) the wind comes up, it can be a very hard 10-20 mile an hour/2 hour-90 minute up or back depending. You be hate'in life. I've trolled back it's been so rough sometimes.

Best bet is to trailer from Chinook to Fishery vs. going by water unless it's a pleasure cruise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts