IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions:
On an Eric's Prawn rig, Is is it better to rig the prawn curled so it spins or straightened?

Are spreaders or a sliding rig better for rigging the drop sinker?

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Spinning as show on the package and a sliding rig...always sliding...works for me. Don't forget to scent them up.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Ask ten people, get ten different answers...
I like spreaders, but sliders work too.

Making the prawn spin is easier if you use a wire instead of trying to get the hooks correct. See any of the previous post about prawn spinners to see the wire. I've never seen an "Eric" come with a wire, but I've never looked at them to closely either.

If you get a chance, have someone show you how to make your own spinners and save some bucks. Making a prawn spinner is as easy as it gets! :grin:

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
I have found the Eric's rigs to be cheaper (buy on sale) than buying the components individually. I re-rig them on my own leader and change the hooks out but use the beads and spinner/clevis. With the right prawns and scent (hint, hint) we have outfished the guys in boats either side using straight prawns or trimed or wired-to-spin.

Lots of people like spreaders until the lead fouls in the net and the springer comes tight and pops the leader or comes unbuttoned. Then they like sliding rigs better!

[ 05-03-2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good info.
Thanks to those who posted for the help.
Crabbait: Your hint raises more questions beyond my original.....Uhmmmm? Don't suppose you care to share?
Maybe get me in the ballpark?
Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts