IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there ifishers,

I am floating the Rogue 6/11-6/15. Hoping anyone familiar with that section of river could give me advice for fishing. From what I understand the salmon are already up high? Are there any trout around? Chance for early summer steel? It’s last minute I know but I would appreciate any help. Thx, Cheers!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey there ifishers,

I am floating the Rogue 6/11-6/15. Hoping anyone familiar with that section of river could give me advice for fishing. From what I understand the salmon are already up high? Are there any trout around? Chance for early summer steel? It’s last minute I know but I would appreciate any help. Thx, Cheers!
Not sure what section the 'Wild n Scenic' is buy I fished up high this past weekend. No chinook for me or anyone I saw fishing. I talked to a few local salmon fisherman and they all reported a very, very poor return with no catches yet.

The salmon fly hatch was in full swing and so were the anglers fly fishing for trout. I didn't realize I was going to be there for the hatch bit it was pretty neat at first, then it got a little annoying. Those things love landing on you. From what I understand, the hatch is well along and many of the trout have thoroughly gorged themselves and are hard to catch.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
There might be a few salmon left in the lower section, but pretty late for springers. I know sturgeon have been caught about 1 mile below Rainy Falls. I've actually seen them in the falls rolling around

·
Registered
7,851 Posts
Best chance is for Steelhead, Half Pounders and adults. Not the best time of year, but fly fishing or 3/8 oz Panther Martin spinners usually work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you’re actually floating the wild section of the river, Graves Creek down and never floated it I would strongly suggest more than fishing advice…..Also permit is required from May-Oct I believe.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Use the fish ladder at Rainy Falls... scar on my knee reminds me about that rapid everyday! Blossom Bar is a fun one too! Pull hard to the right as you go into it!

·
Registered
7,851 Posts
If you’re actually floating the wild section o f the river, Graves Creek down and never floated it I would strongly suggest more than fishing advice…..Also permit is required from May-Oct I believe.

The Wild and Scenic Rogue is the perfect combination of scenery, whitewater, and fishing….but not to be taken lightly. After 50-60 trips I still scout Blossom every time. On one trip there was a boat stuck on the Picket Fence, with two very forlorn guys sitting on a rock in the middle of of the rapid. While I was up on the rocks Thinking of a cunning plan to rescue them, My boat came untied and navigated Blossom all by itself..unscathed.

The fish ladder is one of the most dangerous rapids on the trip. If you line it make sure you use gloves and have a full 100’ of rope. If you have a raft, it can be rowed. Have your passengers walk around. Don’t try to run it in a drift boat unless you’re a heckuva lot better on the oars than me

Oh! And stay out of my favorite fishing holes!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts