IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Rogue Trailer from Steven's about 3 years ago, and if I knew then what I do now would have probably bought something else, up front I do not have a problem with Steven's the trouble started after the coverage was up, have blown 5 sets of bearings, have structural cracks on both fenders, and 3 Fulton jacks. I called Rogue and they say that they have changed axles since my trailer was built, but that they would sell me an original for $500.00 and that they have 6 pallets of axles for spares, before saying I should grease the bearings more, they get a shot of lube every trip out, as for the cracks??????? Anybody out there got any Ideas??
I really want to trust that I am not going to get stranded... Steve

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Sounds to me like maybe your carring to much weight. Or the weight is not balanced correctly.
What happens to the bearings. insides go bad or outside.?
What happens to your jacks? Mine is 12 yrs old just a squirt of grease twice a year.
Just my guess.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Wow Steve.... sorry to hear that! I bought a new Alumaweld last summer, with a Rogue trailer. Haven't had problem One, but I'll definitely be watchin' it closely. Best of luck with the fix!

Tim :shocked:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,577 Posts
I ditto the only greasing a few times a year. Too much grease is as bad as not enough. It will blow the seals on the bearings and then its just a matter of time.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i have a 2001 rogue trailer and have had 1 bearing go out which stevens replaced no charge.
however the jack is getting really hard to crank and makes a real loud screeching noise when i crank it. where do you lube it?
the only real problem i've had with it has been with the lights. i have replaced (at least once)
every light on it except the 3light bar under the motor. its probably my fault, i usually forget to unplug when launching, but since only about half of them work half the time im not gonna worry about it until after i completely rewire the whole thing. then i'll unplug.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as the Fulton Jack goes it is usually the top gear that shatters, as for the bearings it is only on the right side, I had orginally ordered a tanden trailer, but was told that was over kill. The boat is well centered and balanced, can hardly feel it towing.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
If it's just the one side I would look at the spindle or bearing seat to see if it's scared up or bent.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
A lot of those parts are massed produced by a handful of manufacturers. Axles, fulton parts, bearings etc. When it comes time to replace any bearings or races, buy the good stuff like Timken bearings, it does matter.
Bearing buddies need to be treated properly, read the directions, just don't be pumping everything to the max with grease.
I hear good things about Tricker Trailers. Wish I owned one.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Steve, had the same problem with the fenders cracking on my 98 rogue. Took it in to Stevens and they replaced the fenders. No probems since .. I have a "98" 21' supervee w/200 and 9.9 on a single. I have over 20,000 on the trailer and the bearings are fine but the tires are shot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.