IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got out on the water Saturday the 12th for some needed springer action!
We fished above Lobster creek on the Rogue for the better part of the day.

We have nine baits eaten, five springers on and all to the box.!!! Which doesnt happen very often.. I guess those Owner hooks work!

Our smallest fish went 24# pounds and our largest went 37#..

all and all a very good day on the river.

all of our fish were caught on anchovie spinner baits w. differet color blades

no one color seems to be out fishing the others..

We were not the only boat catching fish.. Don Pedro in the boat next to us landed three one that went 39.5# and another 30#'er.
and there were about 8 fish for three boats below us with four that we know of that came unbuttoned.

We also landed a monster steelie that would have gone 18+ if it hadn't spawned!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Great day TH thanks for the detailed report :cheers:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been feeling out of touch.. and quite jealous of team Carrot up north and with my busy schedule as of late there was no end in sigt.. but i jumped on a chance to get back on theriver Sat.

There have been some very healthy 4 and 5 year old springers in the Rogue this year!.. I hope that it continues...

I just finished a huge piece of springer for dinner, with a little bake'd potato and salad!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nice fish, what a hog that one is and a hatchery one makes it all the better. I'm sure there were nothing but smiles in that boat. :cheers:

Later Geoff

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually all of the springers we landed were clipped fish... and infact I can't recall the last non-clipped fish we have bated.. it wasn't last year!..

·
Registered
209 Posts
good job guys! some good looking springers you got there!! :cheers:

·
Registered
499 Posts
That's it I'm on my way. Those are some awesome fish :cheers: . I've always wanted to get down there and fish the Rogue. Well, maybe someday anyway.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Beautiful Fish! Good Work! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Nice fish! I'm looking forward to heading down there within the month or so. I keep hearing whines coming from my garage, and I've figured out what's making them..it's my salmon rods, wanting to punish some 5 yr old hatchery springers! :grin:

Down south i go!!.....

Sublime

[ 04-14-2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Sublime ]

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Wow Travis! What an incredible day. I hope you enjoy the good eats. I've got a recipe for smoked springer fettucini alfredo I should send you. It's very good.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I have heard of a rough day on the watewr, but that must have been really hard to take. Nice job. How many were landed on TH custom rods? :cheers:

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
My dad was fishing just downriver of you guys at the Orchard Hole and they did pretty well also. Not as many takes but ended up with 4 on the day between three guys. Sound like I missed a darn good day on the river. I'll be there saturday though with the rest of the army.

tc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts