IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in three trips to the Rogue this week, dad (while I worked) landed 14 springers, lost three, one 30+ at the boat and had 11 other "drive bys"
biggest fish was 36# smallest was 16#

Must be rough to be retired!

Day two had them down in tide water.. and found some more big fish!

starting to see more three year old fish.. but who's to complain....

and even some cool weather!

Afternoon tides produced some very nice fish for those who were willing to wait..
Fishing was very steady all week, with lots of fish being caught by all..
still enjoying the higher than normal water levels.. and fishing should be strong through the end of the month!

[ 05-11-2003, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: TH ]

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
I wanna go home !!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :blush:

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
that is just wrong :bowdown:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Niiiice TH

·
Registered
355 Posts
OK, I quit. I'm selling all my fishing stuff and boat. :hoboy: I'm lucky to catch one or two very couple of days and I mean long days. NICE FISH. :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
VERY NICELY DONE GENTLEMEN!!!!!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Awesome!!! Just awesome.

TH, your having a great year man, do you always do this well for springers?

I'm going to make some serious plans for the Rouge next year. When does the run usually slack off?

Thanks for the great PICS

Bobby

·
Registered
4,264 Posts

This thing is a freaking beast. That may be the nicest one I have seen on here.
I am on my way........

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We usually catch a good number of fish in April.. but the low water and higher temps the last few years have killed the fishing in May. With the wet April and May that we had this year, and the above average levels of snow ack.. we are seeing very good fishing conditions.. hopefully through the first part of June this year! Historically.. we have had some outstanding days in June.. through the 16th with 5-12 fish days.. as long as the water levels stay high and the temp low..

Here is the water level gauge that I check..

notice the green line in this graph... that's the 40 year average.. you can see where our water is now.. that is a good thing :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts