IFish.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we have had some pretty wonderful days on the Rogue River in the month of Arpil.. and I am happy to report that I think its just going to get BETTER!

Here is my son Tanner, with grandpa and his 10# Rogue springer

Tanner's second fish of the day was a bit bigger.. here we are with his #28 pounder

Grandpa got into the action as well with this #26 pounder

Most of our fish have been in between 3.5 and 6 feet of water. He have been fishing nothing but anchovie spinner baits... no real favorite spinner blade color... mostly chart. and yellow, and solid green...

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Killer photo's. What better time can a guy have than to catch springers with family?? :cheers:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I especially like those smiles!

It makes me want to hug them!

I remember when I was ten years old too.

It was a very special time for me in Alaska.

Marie

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Nice fish TH :cheers:

Ya gotta love it when your son gets two fish, way to go dad! :grin:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks like you're getting outfished up and down the generational chain, TH!

I think you're spending too much time at work and losing your edge! Let those budding JD's fend for themselves and raise your game.

Oh, and what is an anchovie "spinnerbait"? You don't mean one of those bass safety pins do you?

PS Nice fish! (And I recognize the reel, too!)

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Beautiful fish TH. Looks like it's gonna be a pretty good year. There are fish here in the GP area but I'm excited for the big herd to get here. You've been getting some unusually large fish. Someone here got a 46 pounder the other day.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snagly,
I have been getting outfished from both ends for quite some timie now!
But that's life... :grin:

The day job is killing me.. and now that dad has retired for good.. I'm sure I'll be on the wrong end a lot more...

Yes that's a nice reel....

spinner biat... is an anchovy on a slider, with 6 5mm chart beads and a clevis, with a #2, #3 colorado blade.. the Rogue spriners/summer/fall fish love them!

Just cant get a fish to bite it anywhere else :grin:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just note sure what stick my kids would rather be holding on to...

this one. "The Wood Shampoo"

or this one?

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you look closely at the last picture, you'll see Tanner "surrounded" by his dad while fighting a fish. Most non-fishermen will incorrectly assume that "Dad is helping his son." or "Dad is standing by in case his son needs help." In fact, if you look closely you'll see that "Son is wearing a PFD, so he'll float if he goes in. HOWEVER, rod and reel combo does not float so Dad is standing very, very close to son to keep expensive rig from going waterskiing should handle slip out of son's hands."

When my kids go fishing, I put the PFD on the rod and leave the kid to take his chances :grin: . . . after all, that's why you pay for swimming lessons, right? But an expensive rod and reel . . . well, that's another matter! :shocked:

[ 05-04-2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Snagly ]

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Snagly,
The only time I get to actually feel a fish on the end of a rod is when I "steel a feel" from the youngster!

AND yes, I watch those sticks pretty closely! :grin:

Have a great week! I have to work... :depressed:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow! 3 generations on the river catching fish. What more could you ask for. Well done Dad!

McDuck85

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Congrats on the fish TH! Those are some beauties :cheers: Always nice to see the future fishermen get in on the action too!
Nice job!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Where have you guys been fishing. We've been below Lobster the last couple of weekends. Nailed some really nice fish to the wall as well. It's been a great year when the water temps stay around 53 or so. Nice pics!! But now the halibut are calling my name. One less boat on the river, I'm sure they'll miss me.

tc

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
TH, this had to be a trip to remember and some photos that will keep the memory alive for a long time.

I think I recognize the tuf line in yellow and the rod. Was that a Lamiglass Rod they are using? :wink:

I suppose you could tell everyone if this location was the upper or lower Rogue without giving away your exact stetch. I have always wanted to fish the Rogue but never ventured that far down South.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have NO secrets... well not many :grin:

We have been fishing above Lobster creek..and down in tide water at Elephant Rock...
Most of the boats have been geting into fish!

Dad (who is now fully retired) landed 14 springers in three days this week.. four over 30# and three in the 13#-#18 pound class and the rest in the mid 20's!
I'll post pics tomorrow.

No.. sorry that isn't a Lamiglas rod.. it is actually a TH~HS 962c and the yellow line is actually high vis green Stren High Impact #25.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts