IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Rogue on Wed. Hooked three landed only one...I guess he 100% average had to come to an end some day?
We lost one in the mid twenties at the boat and had another sreaming take down, threw the anchor and "nothing"
also had many line bumps.. the river was on the rise so that might ave taken them off the bite..

And remember when I said it has been a while since we anded a non-clipped fish.. well both fish we saw today were unclipped fish.

Here's dad with his 33#'er.

[ 04-17-2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: TH ]

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
TH you have me salivating. Let just a few of those beauties go past. I'm waiting for them. Gonna try it out this weekend here in GP

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes fishdaily, I'll get you down there...

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been using the Owner 2x #2 treble hooks this year and have been very pleased! They seem to be very strong and very sharp!

ol tuna skipper what are you using?

·
Registered
438 Posts
nice pic of your Pappy TH, we were just down river from you, man ya gotta love those Rogue Springers here's a pic of my ol' man from the day before

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Beauty fish TH. Nice pic.

Thanks for the post.

Working on an "excursion" down your way.

GRB

·
Registered
299 Posts
Travis, shame on you on two counts! First, you let the "Cave Troll" (a.k.a., "Tom", or "Dad") out of the basement to fish. Now the rod production has dropped off again. Second, you've done a Photoshop cut-and-paste with a plastic fish because there's no way a real fish is that silver. (I thought that you only airbrushed adiposes but now you've tipped your hand . . . and I used to believe those website fish pics, too.)

OK, OK, I'll be serious for a second. I fish a few times a year for very, very big and bad fish in the salt. For narrow barred mackerel in the "smoker" category, the treble of choice is the Owner Stinger Treble STBL-66 (e.g., in barbless). This is a Japanese product number to it may not translate but they're the extra heavy (4x) chemically sharpened, tin plated (non-corrosive) trebles in sizes #2-5/0. I'm paying about $5 for 6 of them, so they aren't cheap. But if anything in the Rogue ever straightens one out . . . then I'm a lying son of bassfisherman!:grin:

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
TH you dog!! I'm dying up here! I may get down that way in a few weeks, but I'll probably miss the best fishing.

Nice spot on the river ya got there, can't imagine where that's at :wink:

When the river is that height, boy, there's so many perfect places to fish!!

TR

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks ....
fishhawk, you should have said hello! That stretch of river has been red hot the last few weeks with these unusally high flows .. I hope it keeps up!

Fishing should be very good for weeks to come.. and yes Snagly those owners are awesome! I am only using the 2x #2 but the stick and dont let go! and if they roduce fish I'll spend $5 each!

Brad.. dad has eight days until he retires.. so I think I'll be the one chained to WORK.. he's already gone fishing!

[ 04-19-2003, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: TH ]

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love the Rogue for those Springers, I have fished it twice this month, first time two of us
caught seven from 18# to 30#, second trip three of
us caught seven again, one was 42#, and they are
brighter then the Columiba/Willamette fish, I guess close to the ocean. Our guide told us when
the tail bleeds that fish has just come in from the ocean, and they are usally full of sea lice.
I would go back any time. If anyone is interested
in the guide or information e-mail at:
[email protected]
Later
Charlie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts