IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hiked and fished along the Rogue this weekend with my fishing teacher. Forgot the flies in the car and didn't want to hike the 8 miles back to get them so we cast spinners and wet flies with :shrug: bobbers. My friend caught a nice sized steelie which we consumed for breakfast sauted in my small camp stove pot. yum. I caught nada but I am casting in the area I intend now, with far fewer wads of line caught up on my pole tip and elsewhere. Fell on my head hiking back. That backpack has a mean wallop when it slips up from behind and smacks the back of the head, forcing the forehead into sharp rock. I donated blood to the rocks of the Rogue and garnered a really ugly shiner on the right eye. Then found a wonderful fishing hole and had fun continuing to practice my casting while the fish jumped and rolled and refused everything I pitched at them. The river was full of boats floating down, almost freeway traffic both Saturday and Sunday. Few hikers. Beautiful country. Maybe next time I'll remember the flies. E2

1 - 1 of 1 Posts