IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. The next two weeks are critical in mylife. I am going to fish the Rouge River this weekend and I need advice as to where to fish. I want to go either to Raine Falls or Lobster Creek, which ever gives me the best odds. What techniques do you recommend.

My other problem is on Labor let me remind you a three day weekend I have the choice to sit in Federal Way at my girlfriends apartment and do nothing recreational other then eat fine food and watch people throw fish at Pikes. Or I can bag out and do something active. I am kinda lame so I will probably go with the girlfriend, becasue I have a friend who fishes a lot and I can always live through his report.

I want to know what you would do.

Thanks in advance.

<EDIT> Just re-spelled the river name. :smile:

[ 08-14-2003, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
There are plenty of fish at Rainie Falls...and plenty of fishermen. The bite has been slow. I've been out twice in the last week...fishing mostly kwik Fish. Had four pull downs...nothing in the boat for two trips

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
Thanks Bug Flicker!!!!!!!

TheRogue!!!!

BTW....a family friend lives at the top of the "Clay Banks" which is the top of tidewater affect. There's a very shallow riffle there...fish are pouring through by the hundreds, with the water being let out of the dam on Monday. Rainie will probably be a really good choice, but Lobster Ck. should be fine as well.

[ 08-14-2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: TheRogue ]

·
Registered
135 Posts
eh rogue, good things come to those who wait. by the the time you get your new boice you might be blind from the fever. :laugh: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Originally posted by TheRogue:
with the water being let out of the dam on Monday. Rainie will probably be a really good choice.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">TheRogue,

I was really looking forward to the increase in water flow to get the fish moving, but the river has NOT budged this week at all. They must have rescheduled the increase to stall the salmon a bit longer, possibly giving the warm water a little longer to kill what is in the river now :mad: . River Not Moving
We have been out 3 times so far in the last week and a half and gotten 2 fish. Its not red hot by any means. But there are a few fish showing up. The cooler weather did drop the water temp in GP, but the weather was heating back up today.

RF

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
GO FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hoboy: :hoboy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts