IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the rogue has been on fire. everything seems to be working well, u get it near the bottom and a steely will hit it.

10/20: we hit 9 steelies all on orange glo bugs, the biggest was 28"

10/22: we got 6 steelies that were all 26-27" again on glo bugs.

10/23: fished the afternoon and picked up 5 fish, same pattern.

10/24: 4 fish day, biggest bein 30" was a pig sittin behind a red.

pics are bein developed, and will figure out how to post some of the pigs. fishing around the gold hill and grants pass area. mail me if u want to know more. feeesh on

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
been fishing the rogue river area, and the upper river all stretches, rattlesnakes hairy, watch for big rocks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think that I saw you two weeks ago at the take out in Rogue River. You have a white drift boat ? I think that you were fishing some Japanese guys..I was waiting for you to clear the ramp to put in my white jet boat to flush the motors.I just got back from Gold Beach.
E-mail me WH as I live just up the road . :grin:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I was thinking about trying the Rogue this weekend for the first time, Any tips or suggestions on where to try would be greatly appreciated.

I dont have a boat, so I'm stuck on the bank :depressed:
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
I just got back from a trip through the Wild and Scenic canyon. We did pretty well on half-punders, but poorly on big fish. I have been doing much better on large fish in the Grants Pass area. There are many fish in the upper river. If you can find spawning salmon...the steelhead will not be far away.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Pssshhhh!~....DINKS i tell you! :rolleyes: :grin: :tongue:

no, kidding~ what's up, fella...u too good for us northern rivers?

haha, just kidding..Hurry up, our favorite rivers are heating up :wink: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'll be in the Ashland/Medford area over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Never fished the Rogue before, anyone willing to help me out? General area's and tactics are all I'm looking for, not going to drag the DB down so I'll be banking it. Probably Friday or Sat. after turkey day.
Thanks,
Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts