IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see I live in Warrenton, so I hope this isn't to late of a report as I just got home. We launched at 0630 and my cousins wanted me to show them how to sturgeon fish. I thought they were kidding me at first. So I showed them the gear ect. got on anchor. We sat there for aprox. 45 min and fed the chubs and thats all we did. So I brought my line in and tied on a dropper with an anchovie with a tight roll. Within 5 min, 30lb mr. spoty tail took us off anchor for the chase, put that one in the box. We got set, put another fish in the box. Then had two other rod tip in the water take downs that did't stick. We had family doings at PO, so had to get off the river by 0900 (we did't want to leave but had to). Water temp was (guessing) up to 70 deg. We were fishing above elephant rock a couple miles..............Bobber Down

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Thanks for the report...

How many boats were in the bay? 70 degrees is right about the magic temp for the fish to keg up completely in the bay, not to mention the temp where the moss grows the best in the river :wink:

TR

·
Registered
627 Posts
Drove over the 101 bridge yesterday. Was surprised at the number of boats below the bridge. Guess around 40. Most in the hole fishing the outgoing mooch bite right at the mouth.

Too many boats for the fishin' to be poor...

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Now that's what I like to hear....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts