IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best area to go for bank anglers to catch salmon on this river? What should I use? I'm looking to go there this weekend

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
what part of the river you going to be on? Grants Pass area? Upper river? Agness or Gold Beach?
There is lots of bank access on the river. Let us know what area you are going to be in.

RF

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoops I left that part out. I'll be on the lower river near Agness/ Gold Beach. Sorry

[ 09-09-2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: grandsalami ]

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I can't be of much help down there then for bank fishing. I do have a friend that fished down there last week though, and they did real well. Maybe someone else here knows some good bank access spots for you to try. Good luck.

RF

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Just below the mouth of the Illinois, on either side of the river at Agnes is a good hole.
The South side seems to be the best bet for Salmon while I prefer the North side for half pounders. On down below Hotel Riffle on the North Side is good for Salmon.

The bank at Cougar Lane is good Steelhead fishing.

·
Registered
19,907 Posts
On the lower river Elephant rock is a good spot. It's up the South side about 4 miles,you'll see where a mill used to be.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what should I use to target them? Thanks

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
You might check out the lower mile or two of the Illinois. In past years, when there is a water temp differential between the two rivers, both salmon and steelhead would move temporarily into the Illinois. You'll have to crawl up to the water...it is gin clear. I've caught them on flies before...then you have to rest the pool. I've often thought that a bobber and eggs...or jig woould be a good way to catch them in the slower pools

1 - 8 of 8 Posts