IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have been tasked with taking my Father inlaw and some of his friends fishing on the Rogue out of my driftboat during the first weekend in October. We are going to be staying near medford. My father inlaw lives in Sitka AK, so there's no pressure to catch fish :shocked: . Also, I'm a little green on the sticks (one season), so I want to avoid the heavy duty white water. Any information will be appreciated

Thanks,
D.

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey dr..

there is a good run from rogue elk park to shady cove... my favorite thing to run in october are crawdads small like 1-2 inches i dont know the size, but make sure they have orange and brown. also look in shallow areas...good luck and ill probably see u out there. tight lines if u have any other questions drop me an email

oh and a shuttle... 541 826 2526 tony shuttle service
wolfhunter

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
That week in October usually produces well for Steelhead. I would fish in the Grants Pass area. Flies are especially productive. There are several drifts that don't involve much whitewater. If you're interested in coming to this part of the river, e-mail me and I can tell where and how

[ 08-22-2003, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Grantspastor ]

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
What Grantspastor said.......

[ 08-22-2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Straydog ]

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sept and Oct is flies only above Gold Ray Dam. That said, go to any tackle shop and ask for the rubber leg nymph everybody is using, and put it under a bobber just like you were fishing a bobber and jig.
Or, go below Gold Ray dam. Grants Pass is good (like Grantspastor said).
On the upper river, Shady Cove to Dodge Bridge is good (about 6 1/2 miles) and pretty easy. Also, Rogue Elk to Shady Cove is good (and easy).
A word of caution...Dodge to TouVelle shouldn't be done without going with someone a time or two.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your help. I'll definately be emailing you with questions in the next few days.

D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts