IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rogue River 50 lb\'ers (pics)

Went down to the Rogue last week and fished with Wolfhunter. we fished below Grant's Pass somewhere downriver, and got into some nice fish. We must've 8-10 nice fish. Put my father on this nice 28 lb'er :grin:

Was glad to see him catch the first fish, too!

That night we decided to bbq a little filet along side some fresh Aneheim peppers from Wolf's garden. This fish had the reddest meat, and tasted great!

You're right about the 2nd or 3rd week of Sept. We went down last year on sept 29th and hooked 25 fish in one day. Wolfhunter again put us on these guys. Right when we got on the water, BOOM...Fish on! Wolf's got one, my line's not even threaded. 20 mins later and 50 pounds heavier, I get back to rigging up, WHAM!..another fish! He had two in twenty mins,
...I then realized i need to start rigging up before heading out.
About an hour later, I hooked into a 50 lb'er myself. The pic was taken about 4 hrs later, so the fish don't look too hot, but they ate and smoked well!

Wasn't a bad day! only we were in the last half of the run. All in all, the Rogue puts out some nice fish! Just ask Wolf! :cheers:

·
Administrator
41,375 Posts
Re: Rogue River 50 lb\'ers (pics)

Dang, those are big fish! Could you hold them up just a little longer, I want to change the film in my camera ... arms out ... OK .. no, wait, one more picture ... hold 'em ... :grin:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

:sick: :blush:

SKP

·
Registered
3,803 Posts

A flash won't take the rot out of that tulidge; nice poundage though!

·
Banned
7,726 Posts

Wow!! Big fish!

"Below Grants Pass somewhere down river"????????
:grin:

By the way, the Middle Rogue Steelheaders Fall derby is tomorrow. There will be 30 boats on the river from Savage Rapids dam down, as an FYI.

[ 09-05-2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Straydog ]

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

Congrats on the catch. They are "big"..........but sorry they would have never seen the inside of my boat......... I might have snapped a pic in the water and let em spawn.....IMHO :blush: :sick:

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Okay okay, I realize they WERE dark, and if I were to catch the same fish today, I would definitely release them. Unfortunately, when this picture was taken, I hadn't caught many salmon before them, so I was overcome by the size and moment and we kept them.

but yeah, I share your same opinion fishin magician. I didn't mean to stir anything up, just was looking at the picture and thought I might pop it up on here, realizing I might catch some slack...

...and i have, but that's water under the bridge, and I just want y'all to know that we don't share the same opinion as we did that day we kept those fish. Chrome is more my style~ :grin:

Fish on~!

·
Registered
188 Posts

Theres a king caught downriver called an Up River Bright.

And there a king caught up river called and Up River Boot!

I'm with you FM, let em spawnout!

·
Registered
452 Posts

Nice fish. Sure takes the fun out of posting the pictures, when you have to put up with all the negativity. You bought the punchcard, do as you please.

·
Banned
7,726 Posts

Originally posted by corlyn:
Nice fish. Sure takes the fun out of posting the pictures, when you have to put up with all the negativity. You bought the punchcard, do as you please.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I agree.

The Fall run on the Rogue is one of the healthiest around and, in fact, is becoming a problem for the springers by competing for limited spawning gravel up river. No harm in harvesting them if you want them.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

Sublime- great attitude......I have kept darker fish when I was younger. I mean retreads :shocked: , but they were big and I was in the moment. I didnt realize that you hadnt caught too many fish yet. Would you like to come up here and fish for some chromers?????? I have an open seat one or both days this weekend...............
:cheers:
John

·
Banned
7,726 Posts

Fishin Magician,

Speaking of great attitude, way to go!

What a great response!

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

FM, hey, thanks for understanding :cheers: it was all part of a learning moment. I appreciate your understanding and heck yeah, i'd love to head up and fish with ya! I'll send ya an email.

I'd just like to say that i'm glad this site has mature, cool, understanding people. that's all. :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts

Sounds like you had a good time....thats what is important.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Nice fish! You said they smoked well, so I'm assuming the fish were eaten and did not go to waste. Congrats on your fish! :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts