IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of five fish over thirty pounds that we have taken in the last copuple of weeks. Altogether we have caught about 20 fish. Some are starting to turn dark, but many are still in good shape. I like catching these fish, but must confess, they are simply a diversion until the Steelhead show up in numbers and start bending my 5 wt fly rod. Sunday afternoon we hooked six Steelhead in between catching five salmon

[ 09-17-2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Grantspastor ]

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
:dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
16,489 Posts
Hey Pastor Grant! How`s about teachin` me to fly fish for Steelie`s. I`ve never tried it, it sure sound`s like a kick in the pant`s!! I`ve caught em` on practicaly every thing else over the year`s, including ultralight gear. (sore arm) but well worth it. I`ve got a twin bro who is also a pastor, and he is also into fly fishin` for steelie`s. He`s been trying to talk me into it for several years, so, betixed the two of you ,I`m convinced. Anyway, good pic`s! And good luck. Talk to ya` later, Fishft.

·
Premium Member
22,117 Posts
Gorgeous fish, Dave...Mark said he's been doing real well, too, below Gold Ray.
How's things...wanna come up here and try for a "real" chinook in Tillamook? Wait a minute...you have the 70 pounders these days...

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Very nice. I can picture all the spots where you got those fish. Keep up the momentum. I hope to be able to join you in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Grantspastor,

Nice fish!

Were you fishing the Robertson Bridge area or higher?

I spoke with some folks that went down last night and hooked 15 fish between 3 guys.

They were backbouncing bait somewhere below Robertson Bridge. There were so many fish on the move they kept running into their lines.

:grin:

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
The picture shown in the first post of this thread is not from below Robertson, is it???

I had it pegged up river from GP quite a ways but might be way wrong...... :whazzup:

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good eye Straydog. That fish was from about ten days ago, and we were just above the railroad bridge in Gold Hill. I've since moved my operation downstream. Got a 45 pounder last night at Galice...no camera with us so no picture

·
Registered
626 Posts
Come on Dog, Lets go berry picking one more time! You haven't got a big one yet :wink:

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Oh man, my arm is breaking!!! Stop!! :shocked:

Just learned this PM the girls are making a trip to Covallis and I am "home alone". I have company coming tomorrow. What about Sunday??

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sunday it is, gotta go scouting tomorrow to see where they are :cool:

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Woo hoo! :dance:
I'll stay tuned. We're on!

I just got my sample of the new Lamiglas Rogue River Special 8'6" Heavy....we must field test it!

[ 09-19-2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Straydog ]

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Thanks for clarifying Grantspastor. I recognized the house on the bluff.

What a nice fish!!

Nice fish last night, as well!!! Good job!

I had decided to concentrate on Steelhead since I may have to move out if I haul any more Salmon home but you are making it difficult for me to ignor those huge Salmon!!

So many fish, so little time and space......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts