IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well
with a big family wedding the weekend and lots of family and friends in town I didn't get to fish as much as had hoped!.. but the wind was terrible, so I don't feel so bad..

I did have an opportunity to fish my wife's cousin and my brother in law Saturday AM for five or six hours..

We left Coquille at 4am and were fishing by 6AM.. and on our first full tach we landed this nice 29 pound hen..

My wife's cousin was thrilled, and I was pretty happy to get an early fish in the boat knowing the bite wasn't going to be for another two hours.... BUT as fishing goes someties.. that ws it for the day!

Team Carrot Milk had three fish in the boat when we left and had lost another (part of a double) plus one that got wrapped in another guys prop.. but I'm sure we'll here all about that when they return from the "Deep South" :grin:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Trav
Nice work.....As a public educator I seem to have one more month of unemployment before they let me go back to work.. :grin:
We will have to hook up in August sometime for a run down south.
bob

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bobo.. nice to see/hear from you

I start back Tuesday.. one more day wakeboarding and I am officially back on the books.. (you teachers have it made :grin:

had a great summer.. but still lots of fish to be caught
We'll get you and the big B.T down on the Coos this year.. WOW watch out!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Trav
I think BT might be bad luck...not sure??? :wink:
I have never heard him tell a fish story that involved him doing any catching.
Sounds like a plan
bob

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the only two tmes I have had skunk stripes on the SF in the last decade he happened to be aboard!

But we got into them on the Coos river last Oct. so he isn't all bad!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hey TH....what are you doing fishin' the lower bay???? I thought you were strictly a Bridge-to-Rogue landing Boy?!

Nice fish! We had a good week down there this last Mon- Fri...but had a tough time landing anything without the wind trying to hammer us into the rock jetty in the picture behind you!

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Looks like it was really windy in that pic!! :wink: :wink:

You're not supposed to be in that part of the bay! Seems like the last two pics have been from down there. :grin: :grin:

TR

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know
I know
I am an east of the bridge guy
but you have to follow the bite... :grin:
for some odd reason the fish have not been biting above the bridge.. we have landed a couple but most have been below.. . :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks for noticing though..

How's Justin doing? Everytime I see a new BJ down there I think of you!

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
How's Justin doing? Everytime I see a new BJ down there I think of you!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">No comment. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just look at my signature line.

TR

EDIT: Just heard from down there, welding began this morning...maybe delivery on Friday August 22nd??

[ 07-28-2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: TheRogue ]

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
It was good to put a face to the name, nice to see you. That fishery is really nice, and we plan on getting back down there in the future. Old MR. 5 Cents is working up a story with some great pictures today, stay tuned for that!

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey it was great to meet you as well
That fishery is pretty special with lots of fish to be caught ever week!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts