IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thing about fishing is not just the fishing but collecting all the stuff that goes with fishing. Last year I bought a Sage blank for drift fishing, I understand Sage wasn't producing them for a year and now I found out you can now buy Sage drift rods and blanks again. Iam going for the CT290F a 6-15 line wt. in 9' length. Any of you guys fish with a Sage drift rod? and if so how do you like it?

· Registered
2,575 Posts
Sage has yet to put the new drift rods on the retail market
the blanks that they sold in the past were special order type blanks
When they do, there will be a huge demand for them
they are very sweet!
I just wish I could get my hands on a few :yay: :shrug:

· Registered
402 Posts
In 2003, I had a Sage GIII SH 290 built. Fuji Sic Titanium guides, exposed reel seat. "VERY SWEET" rod. Very sensitive for a 8-17lb. I use a Shimano Calcutta Conquest 200 J and a Shimano Calcutta TE 200 GT on this rod. Steelhead "only". It has increased my :smash: ability. I have never fished a GLX but have fished the IMX and in my opinion, Sage is the best to date for steelhead. :dance:

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
January should be able to get the Sage drift rods. My source says the new model designation for the GIIISH290B is now CT290F and it is a greeen color, should be awesom..I understand Sage is selling the complete rod for $485.00. Alot of money but also the best in my opinion..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.