IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some input about placing a RADAR arch on your boat with rocket launchers. I don't have specific plans for RADAR at this point, but want to leave my options open. My boat is a windsheid boat with a canvas top.

5-cents, if you wouldn't mind posting some pictures of your set up, we seem to have similar boats.

What would you do different or the same if you had to do it again?

Birdnest

[ 05-17-2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Birdnest ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Birdnest,

I looked through my picture files and I dont see a picture of my rocket launchers but I may have one that I will post later.

I have a perm. canvas. I drilled and bolted one set to each side of the back. Each set has 3 launchers. I have one made by Motion Marine and one that I got at Stevens Marine. I like the Stevens Marine one better because the launcher is wider and will hold rods with large butts like my Ugly Sticks for oversize. Both are good products though.

I will try to post a picture on this thread later. If I cant find one I will take one tomorrow while I am fishing and post.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pirate,

Yup, thanks for the link. They even have a Hewscraft in one of their pics. :grin:

What I was looking for was the do's and don'ts. Things like..."after I got my tower up, I realized the rods rubbed my soft top". They are not cheap, but neither was the rod tip I broke off trying to get her back into a gunnel rod holder. :mad:

5-Cents, thanks. Mine is a foldable soft top, so they might not be as close as I thought.

Birdnest

[ 05-17-2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Birdnest ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
For what it is worth here it is

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5-Cents,

Thanks. Our tops are different. Yours seems to have a better frame system than mine. By the way, it is rude to be photographed with another guy's fish. :grin:

Birdnest

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:shrug: My fish... wouldnt have it any other way :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts