IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my neighbor and friend Greg McVey

I learned of your passing in an odd way and have gone to great lengths to confirm your passing

Now that I know it's true, I hope you are having a great time catching springers up there...Just remember to tie your knots the way I showed you and to "Wait!, Wait, Wait, and WAIT some more!" before setting the hook

Glad I was able to be called your friend...you are missed:flowered:

Some day I will catch up with you for that cold one:cheers:

·
Registered
17,808 Posts
Oh no! Glad to have met you Greg, save us all a spot at the rail would ya!

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
OMG! I knew Greg. I had not heard from him in about a year I think, but we used to talk more and hang out some. I had done some work for him over the years too. He was a really good guy. What the heck happened??

Rest in peace Greg:flowered:

·
Administrator
41,353 Posts
Sad news, indeed. Was there ever a man who smiled as much or got so much pleasure from the things and friends he had without looking over the fence and wishing he had something more? Such a giving spirit ... may you forever fish over springers and 'cores, Greg. You brought light to this world.

·
Administrator
41,353 Posts
Greg took great pleasure in his career change and jump to the movies. His listing on IMDB shows his last project as The River Why. Greg was "The River Dude", living in a floating home. There's something fitting in all that.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Along with his love for fishing and his career change, Greg had a great passion for cooking - and shared recipes frequently. If you've never tried his carnitas recipe - OMG, it's fabulous!

But perhaps his greatest dream (or maybe "obsession" is a better word) was to fly.

Greg, I hope you're soaring the heavens above and it's everything you dreamed of.:flowered:

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
I saw this post today and it broke my heart. I really enjoyed fishing with Greg.

He always had a big smile on his face, and life was good and grand. :D

We Halibut and Tuna fished several time. He called me a while back (cant remember how long ago, seemed like late summer) and asked if I could get him out for Halibut this year as he missed the whole year before. We talked for a while and I had no idea it would be the last time I ever talked to him. :(

The day I rode the ski bisquet at the Chicken Ranch 32 miles offshore, Greg drove the boat. :excited:

Before we could fish for halibut he had a ritual of offering the ocean one of his chocolate covered mini donuts. Without fail, the donut was always there to offer to the sea gods. :jester:

Greg also had sleep apnia and he couldnt sleep without his CPAP. I have some quality camcorder footage of him sawing logs on the boat more than once. Thats him on the deck on the way back to shore. :whistle:

You will me missed Greg. :twocents:

Godspeed :wave:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics Roy.

RIP Bubba! You will be missed.:(

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Wow, OMG

Life is so short

Tight lines my friend, limits of big bright fish for all of eternity

This world is better because you were in it.

Peace

FB

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Sorry 2 hear it. Nice guy had him on the boat one day. Seemed 2 like what he did and enjoy life.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
I gave em the whole package of donuts for you buddy. It was a nice spot at the Chicken Ranch this weekend to say good bye. :wave: RIP

·
Registered
17,808 Posts
I gave em the whole package of donuts for you buddy. It was a nice spot at the Chicken Ranch this weekend to say good bye. :wave: RIP

Good job Roy!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I had the pleasure of taking Greg out Springer fishing several times and he was a ton of fun. He will certainly be missed. Fella had a big heart:thisbig:

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
I cant make the first halibut fishing trip of the season without a package of little chocloate covered donuts for you buddy, we fed the ocean a few more for you yesterday :flowered::flowered::flowered::flowered:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts