IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Soldotna AK right now and am Trying to get a trip planned to clear creek on the Talkeetna river (end of June). I was wondering if anyone had a reccomendation for a good drop off service? Everyone I have talked to so far only offers guide services :depressed: which I don't need or want.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Call Doug Brewer at Alaska West Air. I have been on many trips with Doug, I would not consider flying up there with anyone else. He is by far the best up there!!!!!

907-776-5147

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hey Ryan,

Enjoy AK. We're killing them back on that drift again. Sorry you're missing it. Methinks you'll more than make up for it in a few months. :wink: Have fun, we're on the water tomorrow and Thursday. I'll be in touch. Good luck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try Mahay's .......When I lived in Alaska they were the best bet for a quality drop off and pick-up. they operate out of talkeetna.

http://www.mahaysriverboat.com/

Toll Free: (800) 736-2210

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
manchu49 is right, Mahays is the premier drop off service.
I lived in Alaska for several years and used Mahays many times. We would leave his place on the Talkeetna river early a.m. and have him drop us at Clear Creek. He would then pick us up at 9:00 p.m. or so. Made a great one day outing. Fishing was usually fantastic.
Mahay uses huge welded aluminum boats with twin inboard jets. Nice ride.

·
Registered
92 Posts
fishing Alaska............ sigh...

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BH,
Make sure you leave me a couple of steelies for whan I get back.. Email me verizion has me kind of bent over right now.. (no mins) anyways email me or I'll try and call this weekend. I am gonna be pike fishing the next couple of evenings =).

Thanks for the info, I am gonna go with MaHays.. I just couldn't remember their name before..
Tight Lines
WRO

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Hope you're having a good time up there, fella~ It's nice and 75 here....how about there? look forward to fishing when ya get home!

Sublime

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey its been like 65 and sunny, no complaints here.. This weekend kicks it all off

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Nice nice!!!! glad to hear that...kinda wish i were up there in THAT WEATHER! Keep up some reports, will be anxious to hear them!
:cheers:

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Mahay's in Talkeetna is the one. No need for an aircraft. Steve Mahay drops people off there all the time.

If you do need to use an air service r another trip I recommend K-2 Aviation in Talkeetna...or if you're in the Ilamna area call Tim LaPorte at Iliamna Air Taxi

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mahays is who I booked with and they have very reasonable prices. I have used soldotna air service for caribou hunting with nothing but good results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts