IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows the Willamette color around Swan Island? Do you think it will hold for the weekend? Long drive just to turn around and go home.
P.S. Is the bite still there!!! :shrug: Looking at going out on Sunday.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
In OC the river came up nearly 2', and is less than 2' visibility. This is according to a guide who fished OC today, and got off the river @ 3PM. He put a few fish in the box this AM. :grin:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I went out this evening below St. Johns bridge and got one 20 lb. with downrigger at 16 ft. between 4:00 and 7:00 water clarity was still 2ft.,,, :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you fellows think the bite was slow because of water clarity or because the river is on the rise.
We mark a lot of fish earlier in the week. Boated "5" with a few drive bys.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Fish don't bite well on a rising river, and the changing color does not help matters either.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
It's lookin real "iffy" this a.m. Water has MAYBE 1 foot visibility...Watched the pack at O.C. for about 15 minutes about an hour ago...much fewer boats...and no "Fish On" type of activity.

If you look at the most recent update on the ODFW Willamette Angling link...you'll see a surge of fish movement last Monday...then no updated numbers since, as of this a.m. You will also notice cooling water temps that should hold fish in the lower river til it approaches that 52 degree mark again.

Guess it all boils down to how bad you wanna go, knowing you won't catch one here in front of your monitor.

For me..knowing the river is on the rise, and dirtying up...I think I'll just stay home today and do other things.

Good luck if you go.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts