IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just learned that Ray passed away and I am just so saddened. Ray was such a nice and honest man who always had a smile and a easy manner about him. He gave me so much great advice and was genuinely happy if I had success on the drift he pointed me to. I will miss him calling me lad and his patience in showing me how to tie a double egg loop ( over and over) . God bless you Ray. I'll see you on the river of life one day.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I will miss Ray very much. I used to work at A dec Dental with Ray, he was my mom's supervisor at that time. He was very kind to me always.
When I got my first driftboat he would always point me in the right location of where he thought the fish were.
We had a little game we would play, he would bless my sandshimp and tell me to go out and catch as many as I could. He would also fill out my location to put-in and take-out on the shuttle card, show me and hang it on the wall with my spare keys.

God Bless Ray Hammer

RIP Ray

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
My life is better because I was fortunate enough to meet Ray.

·
Registered
844 Posts
One of the most honest and friendly man I ever met. Ask him if I should drive all the way over and fish and he'd give you an honest report - I will miss you Ray - save me a spot on the stream.:flowered:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts