IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving through Donald I saw the shop was closed for good. A For Sale sign on the building and signage stating the move to Utah was in progress. Some might say good riddens, but starting in the early 70's in Lake Grove up to a couple years ago I found some good to me deals on used guns there.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You're right, I won't miss them. Both times I was in there for gunsmithing work they pulled something sleazy. Don't ask why I went back a second time.

·
Registered
38,814 Posts
No complaints form me. Used him a few times. And yes, he did have good prices on used guns. I passed on a nice Remington Model 722 in .222 for $400 one time. Been kicking myself over that one.

Would like to hear some specific complaints. Maybe they’re valid, maybe they’re not.

·
Registered
585 Posts
No complaints form me. Used him a few times. And yes, he did have good prices on used guns. I passed on a nice Remington Model 722 in .222 for $400 one time. Been kicking myself over that one.

Would like to hear some specific complaints. Maybe they’re valid, maybe they’re not.
That brings tears to my eyes just to read that. That would have been a really good deal.

I have a 222 in the Howa. Love that cartridge.

·
Registered
13,860 Posts
I think it's rare for a shop moving out of state/going out of business and it's a good thing.

The big box stores aint gonna work on your arms.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
wish they would have taken the jerks at allison carey with them
won't ever set foot in there again...
so now that Rich's is gone
where is a good quality non theif gunsmith

·
Registered
24 Posts
wish they would have taken the jerks at allison carey with them
won't ever set foot in there again...
so now that Rich's is gone
where is a good quality non theif gunsmith
Hands down best in the state is Tim Copeland in Estacada. If you would like his number let me know. I've had about a dozen guns through his shop in 2 years, and have about 6 currently there. Also snagged a 1937 P.08 Luger there for 900 right after the Fourth last year. Solid guy, you won't find better prices and better work.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
when I am.ready to have the lever gun a&c .killed and won't warranty done I will hit you up.. just hard to justify spending more than the cost of.the gun to repair shoddy work

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hands down best in the state is Tim Copeland in Estacada. If you would like his number let me know. I've had about a dozen guns through his shop in 2 years, and have about 6 currently there. Also snagged a 1937 P.08 Luger there for 900 right after the Fourth last year. Solid guy, you won't find better prices and better work.
what’s the name of the shop?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts