IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RHOADES POND BROODSTOCK FALL CHINOOK CLIPPING PARTY
VOLUNTEER ODFW STEP PROGRAM JUNE 14th 2003
9:00 AM

between Hebo and Grande Rhonde.

We are raising 100,000 fish this year and must clip these fish for identification only!

"BRING THE FAMILY"
BARBEQUE LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED.

AUCTION
RODS,REELS, AND A GUIDED FOUR PERSON FISHING TRIP

RAFFLE
A ROUGE ROD WITH A SHIMANO REEL (retail value:$500)

ALL PROCEEDS GO TO RHOADES POND

Any Questions please call Ron at
Nestucca Valley Sporting Goods
Phone: (503) 392-4269

[ 05-22-2003, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Gone Fishin ]

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Thanks Marty.

I'll put it in my day planner. :dance:

·
Administrator
119,704 Posts

This gets the ifish stamp of approval, and strongly encourages your participation!

I'll BE THERE!

Jen

·
Administrator
41,375 Posts
Last year was a gas! Brought my daughter who fell in love with some big yella dog named Nickie. Don't think I'll have any trouble convincing her it would be fun again. It may be all about the fish, but the food, prizes and camaradarie alone are worth the price of admission!

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
4350 ifishers. Let's all show up and make this a real BIG day. Believe me this is a great day. remember wear you favorite cologne or perfume the fish will remember this and bite your hook in a few years. JD

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a daughter who is nine who can't wait!!!

I have been wanting to clip fins and help out for some time... count me (us) in!!

ZZ

·
Administrator
119,704 Posts
This is an event that is fun, and makes you feel good, too.
I really hope that we have a good turn out.
Ifish is all about fishing, yeah, but we all have to give back or we won't be able to take!

Jen

[ 05-27-2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
They will also be auctioning off 12 jars of Amerman eggs. This is a great event, took the family last year and had a great time. Hope to see you all there.

Scott

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
I have not seen much response on this issue. I hope a lot of ifisher's show up. Let's hear it for Rhodes pond fin clipping. Come on folks we all fish for these fish, let's do our part. OK!! Jerry

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all the great ifisher's that are going to be there! I hope you all have a great time, I'm off to Alaska on Friday and don't think I'll be back by Sat. morning! :wink:

·
Administrator
41,375 Posts
Weather's going to clear ... lots of prizes ... looks like it'll be a good time! I hope other's will be joining me. It might take me a while to clip 100,000 fins! Step up folks! If you fish for them, complete the circle and help make sure they are there for the next guy!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I just got off the phone with Ron Byrd at Nestucca Valley Sporting Goods, he says:

There was a great turn out at the fin clipping! About 175 people came down and was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who came down today!

FISHING REPORT FROM RON BYRD:

SEASON EXTENSION REPORT:

CHINOOK AND STEELHEAD ANGLING SEASON HAS BEEN EXTENDED IN Three Rivers through June 30, 2003. We have a lot of fish in the Nestucca River and Three Rivers, most of the fish are between Farmers and Cloverdale, water is low and clear, so down-size your bait and gear. Shrimp, Eggs and spinners is the preferred baits.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

RHOADES POND BROODSTOCK FALL CHINOOK CLIPPING PARTY
VOLUNTEER ODFW STEP PROGRAM JUNE 14th 2003
9:00 AM

between Hebo and Grande Rhonde.

We are raising 100,000 fish this year and must clip these fish for identification only!

"BRING THE FAMILY"
BARBEQUE LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED.

AUCTION
RODS,REELS, AND A GUIDED FOUR PERSON FISHING TRIP

RAFFLE
A ROUGE ROD WITH A SHIMANO REEL (retail value:$500)

ALL PROCEEDS GO TO RHOADES POND

Any Questions please call Ron at
Nestucca Valley Sporting Goods
Phone: (503) 392-4269

[ 06-14-2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts