IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for smoked salmon dip they would be willing to share. I did a search and can't seem to find one, thanks in advance for all who reply.

Fish slapper

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Small tub of cream cheese, small can of crushed pineapple, a dash of nutmeg and ritz crackers. Enjoy!!!! Oh yea and don't forget to add the salmon too!

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Start with about 50/50 cream cheese and smoked salmon. If you want more of a dip than a spread, use some sour cream or plain yogurt until you get the desired consistency. That is your basic mix.

From there, add dill (or Beaver brand dill tarter sauce) and some green onions (including the tops).

I like to add cajun seasoning to the basic mix. Add a bunch of chopped sweet onion. The variations are endless. Put in whatever you would like.

Make a ball with 50/50 cream cheese and salmon, then add onion and/or garlic, season to taste and roll in almond slivers. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
tub cream cheese
half bag frozen chopped spinach
smoked pescado as much as you want
salt and pepper to taste after the mixture sits for 24hrs. it needs that long for the cream cheese to get happy with the fish flavor and will leach out some of the brine salt, so don't add salt too early.

This recipe comes from a greek friend who often adds things like oregeno, arrowroot, and others. Of course that's all plumage. The bird is above.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
For a real heart-healthy dip:

1 Cup mayo
1 "see-through" slice off a small onion
Nice chunk of smoked salmon.

Salmon into blender/food processor, zap until finely chopped. Add other ingredients into the blender or food processor, zap a couple of times to blend together. Do not blend/process too much or the mayo will separate.

Eat.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
1 tub whipped cream cheese.
1 huge tbsp of hoseraddish
1 Tsp of dill weed
Juice from one lemon.
A few squirts of Wishtshire (sp
) Suace
1/8 cup pickled japaleno pepers with juice
As much smoked salmon as you want!

Mix together until creamy and eat with crackers. I am sooooooooooo hungry now!

:cheers:

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is a simple, tasty recipe.
You use Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing and add crumbled smoke fish. The amount of fish just depends on how chunky you want. I use about 1/2 cup of fish to about 2 cups dressing. Add a touch of dill weed and a dash of lemon. Let the flavors even out for at least a couple of hours, overnight is better. If calories are a conceren use the light or fat free dressings. You can get pretty creative with this basic recipe,Use any spice or herb you like with fish. Good for dipping or spreading depending on how much fish is used.
J

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Remember....you want to taste the smoked salmon. I like to keep my smoked salmon dip as simple as possible. Green onion (shallots are very nice too)finely chopped, smoked salmon (dont skimp), cream cheese, some bay shrimp well washed and pressed dry (shrimp juice will shorten shelf life considerably,fresh pressed bay shrimp will lend a nice texture without over powering the salmon) and some Imo or sour cream to thin it out. Top off with some freshly ground pepper and skip the salt. You will loose the flavor of the smoked salmon if you add too many ingredients. This recipe is a favorite amoung my family and relatives, simple and really tasty on thin slices of a freshly baked baguette.

[ 09-05-2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: TundraIII ]

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
You guys are all making me hungry! STOP IT..OK don't...keep going :grin:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
:tongue: I'm running home right now and firing up the smoker :cheers: All those recipes sound great. Have some smoke chinook left and will try that Hidden Valley dip for watching the OSU game tonight on TV with some cold LaBatts next to my chair. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts