IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of town for a few days. Seems the dog didn't like being left alone during the days until Gini got home from work. The dog though the boat would be a good play area. She found the bait knife. Between chewing the sheath and the handle, she got them separated and somehow drove the blade into the middle of the padded cushion on my motor cover. It now has a nice 1-1/2" gash in it. :mad: Any suggestions as to how to repair it? Don't really want to redo the whole cover, just a repair to seal the gash and keep it from spreading. I guess there is always duct tape. :grin:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I have one of the repair kits that they advertise on tv but havent tryed it out yet. Maybe it would do the trick? Supposed to fix leather, vinyl and plastic.

I got it to try and fix some weathger cracks on a couple seats but havent had the chance yet so dont know how good it works.

E-mail me if ya like.

Jon :smile: :grin: :smile:

·
Registered
782 Posts
What you need is a product call VLP liquid Vinyl Repair. I believe this stuff is made by Loctite. Should be able to find it in most automotive supply stores. If not, they should be able to order it for you. The stuff comes in a squeeze tube and works great on small tears and cuts.

suckerfish

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Brdshooterr, if none of the above ideas work out for you, you may want to try a friendly body shop like Buckles as they repair vinyl or rubber type bumpers and may be able to help also.

Give Catch and Eat a call, he may have a better answer for you. 503-775-6585. Bernie will be there.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts