IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to Lincoln City to be with grandma for Thanksgiving. It would be go crabbing, but I sold the boat a couple of weeks ago. Is there a place that rents boats near Siletz bay? I have the crab pots just no boat at the moment. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
DB

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Can't help with the boat situation, but last time I was down there in Taft, they were doing pretty good just tossing traps of the shore. Also, there were people with those crab trap snares they were casting off the shore and picking up some nice crab. I was suprised those things really work. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Yaquina Bay is about 20 minutes south of Lincoln City. There are rental boats at a couple of places down there. Leave some hardshells for me!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Hi DB...

I would either crab from the Beach as Mojo suggested, or rent a boat and crab at Yaquina Bay (Newport Marina Store in South Beach is one of several locations that can take care of you).

Re Siletz Bay - getting from Coyote Rock down to the lower Bay can be very tricky due to the shallow water, false channels, lots of debris and large mud/silt flats. And then, you would definately not want to be anywhere near the mouth on an outgoing tide.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If I am not mistaken Coyote Rock rents boats. Do a search on the internet and they have a website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts