IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Tornos have been pretty good reels in my experience. The weakness of most of the low profile baitcasters has been line capacity and the drag's ability to withstand a hot fish. I would rate the Torno much higher durability-wise than a similar reel, the Shimano Curado. If you can live with the more traditional round style reel, I would look at the Abu Mag-X line, they have plenty of freespool and lots of casting control. They are also very durable.
Al

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just recently purchased a Shimano scorpion 1000 it isnt even made in the usa its made strictly in Japan. but i must say it is a wonderful reel i use it strictly for summer steelhead. it is based on the same designe as the corarado but with more speed and a little lower profile. if yuo want to take a look at one go here www.profishing.net and go in store go where it ask if you want to see usa reels or japanese reel punch the japaneese reels and go and take a look. it took approx 5 days to get it from japan. and i say it is well worth it you can also get Diawia reels tht are only made in japan. you can get spinning or baite casting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts