IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent four days on the Deschutes this week, things were not going our way other than the fishing. The weather was really sketchy the whole time. It rained and was cold, the wind blew about 40 mph the entire trip and made for some frigid rafting. The fish were keyed in on surface caddis the entire time, and would not touch my nymphs. I was trying out my new experimental 5 wt spey rod and the fish only had eyes for dry flies. I did go 4 fish for 5 casts the first night ranging from 14-18 inches, man was my fishing partner mad.

All the fish we caught were in the 12-20 inch range, this one fell to an adams on the seam up near the Deschutes club. Over all it was a good fishing weekend, but the weather sucked. So if your going over there anytime soon, bring warm clothes.

:cheers:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sounds like good times on the D. Zaq, how did the 5 wgt Spey work out for you? How was it for floating drys?

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 5wt spey was REEL nice. I spey cast all my nymphs so I thought why not build a spey rod to do it. It worked very well. I don't use it for dries so I don't have an evaluation of it doing that. Thanks for the props..........

I got this to work finally. Click the link below and see the video of this fishes release. Kinda cool.
Video of the release

KARROTS

[ 06-22-2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
What up ZAQ that link didn't work for me :shrug: Nice to see you boys got into some fish and saved Bobby from the Hogs :laugh: .......chris

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Nice fish Zaq and friends!!!!!!!

·
Ichthyomaniac
3,187 Posts
Thats weird, we fished it two days and the action was all nymphs during the middle of the day, couldn't get anything to bite on the surface. I'll grant you this, though: the weather SUCKED until sunday when the sun broke out. I don't know whats up this year, it's been cool and cloudy almost everyday i've been there. The fish don't seem to mind though.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, we were leaving Sunday and it was warm with no wind. Karma I guess......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts