IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about going on either a tuna or halibut charter Saturday. Any recommendations for a good charter company? Anywhere from Newport to Astoria would be OK. I've never fished for either before, so which would give the most bang for the money? What is the limit on tuna and halibut? Last, how much does a half day and full day trip cost?

[ 08-21-2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Waterfish ]

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You won't find a half-day charter for either halibut or TUNA. Both tend to run minimum 12hr trips, although some Newport charter outfits will run some longer trips for TUNA. Average price for a 12hr trip of either tends to run about $150 range.

As Pete said, go with an IFish sponser charter...either Black Rocket, or Blitz.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sea Jypzee, I looked at the Ifish charters in Pete's link but did not see a boat named Black Rocket. What charter complany is it with? Astoria would be a shorter drive for me than Newport, so I am hoping to find a charter out of that area.

·
Administrator
41,375 Posts
The Black Rocket is the nickname for the flagship boat at USIA Adventure Charters. I wouldn't call it a traditional charter; fewer clients, faster ride, but it looks like an experience you wouldn't quickly forget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts