IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Was there Sunday with my wife for our 1 year anniversary. SLOW is an understatement. We fished the Wheeler dock area from 7am til 1pmish. Saw only 1 fish caught for about 10-15 boats throughout the day. Word at the mouth was SLOW. Heard of 2-3 caught for about 25+ boats for the mouth area.

Crabbing was pretty spotty. We had 3 pots soaked all day, pulled 2 twice, once before hi tide and a few hours after it slacked. We got 1 keeper, lots of baby and females. Talked to 4 boats...we got the thumbs down from them. Stopped off at Brighton Marina for gas and the dock crabbers said the same...just a few here and there for lot of work.

Hope that helps and hope it will improve this weekend. It'll be crowded down there this weekend for sure, so bring lots of patience and get out early to beat the crowds.

Deja

· Registered
1,507 Posts
fished Monday from low slack until about 1pm...... we fished the mouth with about 15-20 other boats, we saw 2 fish caught and I had one rod down but it didn't stick...how they can hit a herring with 2 hooks in it and not get stuck is beyond me...... crabbing on the other hand was decent near the mouth with 36 crab through out the day........ if you would like to know where and how we caught the crabs shoot me an IM and I'll give you the details......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.