IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Leatherman Micras I am going to give out this morning! I am only supposed to give out one a month, but I wanted to do one for dial up people, and one for high speed. The dial up people can compete in this one, if they want... but you'll also get a chance later today. :smile:

So, if you want to win a Leatherman... follow these rules!

This is the high speed connection version, but dial up users are welcome to try! If a dial up winner beats you out, they also get an ifish patch! :smile:

Be the first back to this thread, to answer the question, correctly.
If you have won in the last month, please give someone else a chance.
If I screw up, I can't be held responsible for giving out multiple prizes, OK? :smile:
Any edited answers are disqualified.
Only one guess per person.
You must send me your mailing address, if you win, within two hours, so that I don't get all mixed up with contests! Please put the item(s) you won in the e mail header!

OK, here goes!

Follow me to the Leatherman Web Site!!!

I was browsing through their pages, and found a story about a little girl named Kailee Gillespie. She is three, and the people at Leatherman are trying to help her reach the age of four. :depressed:

OK, here is my question:

What is wrong with Kailee, and what are the people at Leatherman trying to help her do?

OK, ready, set... Want to win? Go fetch! :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Kailee Gillespie is three years old. Everyone at Leatherman Tool Group is trying to help her reach four years of age.

Kailee has leukemia, and she desperately needs a marrow transplant. Unfortunately, there is not a suitable donor within her family, and she is unlikely to survive past January if a matching volunteer donor cannot be found.

Tim Leatherman’s friend is Kailee’s grandfather, and Tim promised he would do what he could to help find a match. Tim has taken a personal interest in part because his own son, now 21, was himself diagnosed with leukemia when he was two-and-a-half years old. Bone marrow transplant was not an option, but after two years of chemotherapy, he beat his one-in-four odds for survival and the disease went into remission.

Kailee’s grandfather is working to add 1,000 people to the National Marrow Donor Program Registry. With more than 300 employees at his own business, Tim Leatherman hopes to contribute significant progress toward that goal.

In December, Leatherman Tool Group will be conducting an orientation session about marrow donation for all employees and their spouses who are interested in being added to the registry. The registration drive will follow in early January, and the company will be covering associated costs for its employees and spouses.

Every community has someone like Kailee. With five drops of blood for screening and matching, perhaps you can help. A person of any race, ethnicity or gender who is 18 to 60 years old and in general good health can become a volunteer potential marrow or blood stem cell donor. For more information about the National Marrow Donor Program, please visit www.marrow.org

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Kailee has leukemia and the people at Leatherman are trying to help her reach 4 years old by working to get possible bone marrow donors signed up on the national system.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The poor girl has lukemia :depressed:
They are trying to add employees to the National Marrow Donor Program. They will be conducting an Orientation for all employees and spouses who are interested.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sad Story, yes, but I wanted more people to know about it... You never know when someone out there can help! And for you, UG, we have a Leatherman Micra! Please send me 200.00 to cover shipping and handling. :smile: :smile:

KIDDING!

Send me your address, and I'll get that right out to you today!

Jen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts