IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Have you heard about the newest from Berkeley?

I found out about it at the Las Vegas Show and took home a bag to try. All of the sudden, I started thinking... "Pink Worms in Gulp?" What a concept!

Well, I don't have the pink worms yet, but I have something I think steelhead might go nuts for!
I have two bags. I'm going to give away one of them. It's the pink 3 inch Minnow Baits!

They have an awesome curly tail that has an excellent motion in water. I went out back yesterday, just to test the action. It's enticing!

Want to try them? Want to win some? Pure Fishing is not a Ready Set Sponsor, but I thought I'd share mine, anyhow. :smile:
I'm also giving out (which will match up with this bait, just dandy...) a 330 yard, spool of 12 pound "Tough as iron, smooth as silk, Berkeley Iron Silk low vis green line!

Alrighty, here are the rules of the road:
Be the first back to this thread, to answer the question, correctly.
If you have won in the last month, please give someone else a chance.
If I screw up, I can't be held responsible for giving out multiple prizes, OK? :smile:
Any edited answers are disqualified.
Only one guess per person.
You must send me your mailing address, if you win, within two hours, so that I don't get all mixed up with contests! Please put the item you won in the e mail header!

OK, here is the question.

Follow me to the Pure Fishing Web Site! Gulp, like Power Bait, is put out by Berkley.

Find the Gulp information on the Pure Fishing Site, read this material, and answer the question at the end:

It took awhile, nearly two decades of intense laboratory analysis and field testing. But the wait is over. Berkley scientists have discovered how to unlock the mystery of attracting and catching more fish. And the key is the new Gulp! baits.

"All other plastic baits are oil based", said John Prochnow, Berkley Chemical Engineer. "As such, these oil based worms mask many of the very scents fish detect as food. But with Gulp!, we use only water-soluble natural ingredients and more of the scents and flavors we've found in our research that are favored by game fish. These are included in the formula when we make Gulp! products."
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Simply fill in the blank, below!!

Since Gulp! is water soluble, these scents and flavors are released into the water ___ times faster than oil based plastic baits.

How many times faster? WOW!

OK, Ready, set.... GULP!

Jen

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Since Gulp! is water soluble, these scents and flavors are released into the water __412__times faster than oil based plastic baits

Answer is 412

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Yup 412 congrats 1 eyed :cheers:

Jon :smile: :grin: :smile:

[ 09-04-2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: MasterCaster ]

·
Registered
392 Posts
WOW, I think I may have won one of these :cheers:

I am always about a minute off, back to work before the boss sees me winning fishing bait.

That would mean I would have to take another day off :grin: to go and try the stuff out.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You were thinking.... "Don't spill my coffee! Don't talk to me! I gotta win this silly contest!"

:smile:

Congrats, one eyed... Send me your mailing address, and take a day off to try it! You'll like it! :smile:

Jen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts