IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had any experience with Raider boats particularly the Sea-Raider? Considering getting one so I just wanted to get a little feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Raider boats were started by a guy from Hewes. As a matter of fact I think their shop is right down the street. With that you will understand why their product line is a carbon copy of the Hewes line.

I have no idea if the warranties are the same and it seemed their prices were pretty close to the Hewes.

If you want a new Hewes you are talking about a waiting period of a couple of months, I would guess you wouldn't have to wait for a Raider.

The couple I have seen up close seemed like good boats, although the welds didn't seem as clean. Their 22' Hardtop with an off shore bracket seems like a fun boat.

Tight Lines,

Joe

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
While in Pasco, WA this past summer visiting family, we shopped for a small boat for the nephew. We came across the Raider boat line at a local dealership. The salesman said the same thing about the Raider boats being built by a group of disgruntled Hewes Craft employees. He told me that the only real difference between the two lines was a difference in the transom set up, which was apparent when I looked at them. The dash was also set up a little differently, but the hulls appeared just the same. They appeared very well built. I did notice that the one that is equilvilant to the 17'9" Sea Runner (Osprey?)was having some paint/decal problems and they were peeling off at the tip of the bow. It also appeared the top material that was being used was not as high quality as the material used by Hewes Craft.

We did not price them out and all the ones on this dealers lot were without motors. SD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts