IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Bonneville Dam Steelhead/URB counts climbing, so is the action up river @ Drano Lake (mouth of the Little White salmon River)...but it's still on the spotty side.

We fished our first Drano lake URB/Stleelhead trip of the summer on Saturday, and had some success...boating 4 Summer Steelhead(3 hatchery and 1 native released plus a 22# URB)

Our action came on #5-#6 Bluefox spinners and 1/2oz. Fatfish plugs trolled 12'-18' off downriggers...

The bite should improve the next couple weeks, as the numbers build.

I'm off to Astoria on Vacation with family and friends, my next Drano URB/Steelhead combo trips will be Sept 5th-10th and I have some open seats.:cheers:

For more info on seats, best try to reach me on my cell (509)952-9694

· Registered
709 Posts
Hey B,
I was wondering, when you attach a plug off the downrigger, how far back do you let your plug drift before you attach it? I was just wondering if you do this to be able to control more lines at one time, or so that you can get a normally 12 to 15 ft. plug down to a deeper zone, or maybe its both. or maybe its neither. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.