IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
Here is an attempt to show you how to make a removeable clevis from wire. I know the photos arent that great, I missed the macro button on the camera and I did this quick at lunch time.

First bend a loop on one end of your wire

Then twist the long tail around the short leg several times

Cut off the eye and pull out the piece of wire down the center you twisted the wire around

Then bend the tail around the coil spring you made into the shape you want to hold the spinner blade and trim off the excess tail

The last picture is of a body with the clevis in place and a blade snapped into it.

[ 05-01-2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Bait O' Eggs ]

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
additional thought I missed

It helps to use a heavier wire for the clevis than the body of the spinner, that way the hole down the center of the coil spring is large enough to spin freely on the smaller spinner body shaft.

Drachirs recent spinner making clinic is responsible for me knowing how to do this. I had never seen a non plastic, home made removeable clevis until I was sitting in the front row paying attention taking notes, hoping for a passing grade :wink: when I notice one of these in a tackle box on the counter and got curious.

Its a good thing Skein didnt show up to distract me, :rolleyes: the troublemaker would have probably been sent to dentention in the first few minutes anyway. :tongue:

[ 05-01-2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Bait O' Eggs ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.