IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone, I love this board and how everyone is so helpful. anywho, My wife's family and ourselves are going to Bend at the end of june for a week. I'm burrowing a buddies canoe and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to try for some nice trout? also I have never hooked a nice steely let alone a hawg, but dying to do so. could I hitch a ride along with someone sometime?

thanks guys

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
From bend I'd say there is alot to check out.
Are you a fly guy or hardware fisherman for trout.
Hosmer, wickiup, lava, cutlus, etc. Get a map and check out the lakes along century drive, there are many to choose from. Davis is another good one.
There are some trout to be caught from the bank of the deschutes too, don't put the canoe in there, it's a rough river through bend in spots.
The fall river has some trout too, but check at a fly shop as to it's progress, it was accidently poisoned last fall. The are 3 good fly shops in Bend, and one in sunriver so info won't be hard to fin.
good luck and have a blast!
GBS

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
With a canoe I would be more inclined to fish Little Cultus, Hosmer(fly only), and North and South Twin. Some of the bigger lakes can get nasty fast when the wind blows.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Sparks Lake is very nice with a canoe, not the best for fishing.

North Twin, Big Lava, Hosmer - I might even try the Deschutes arm of Wickiup. Anywhere you can bail out when the wind whips up. Drift the Deschutes if you know where the waterfalls are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts