IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question: EZ LOADER rollers or bunks??

the EZ LOADER under my vee-hull alumaweld has bunks and 6-foot-long side guides. it works beautifully at the steeper-sloping concrete ramps; floating the boat off and on is a breeze.

but there are many unimproved launches with rather shallow slopes i’d like to also use, without backing my truck tires into the water. EZ LOADER claims that if i changed to their 16-roller system i could easily unload and load the boat on my lawn, if so desired.

what can you tell me about your experiences with EZ LOADER’s roller system?

if i merely backed the trailer wheels, say, half-way into the water, do you think i’d be able to launch and retrieve?

thank you for any input you can offer.

john

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Had one under my 17 alumcraft for 12 years before I traded up to the Duckworth. Unloads easy, and hubs were not underwater. There are a few things you need to know. The rollers need to be adjusted to YOUR boat. rollers need to set on the support frame of the boat. Check with the builder of you boat to insure you will not void your warranty by putting the boat on a roller trailer. Also I never got good at driving on to the rollers. I ended up cranking it up. not with the bunks just get close and it centers it's self. Both of my current boats have bunks for what it,s worth.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
We have rollers under our Arima. They do a good job of centering but if you don't want to crank it up, you need someone to get the hook in the eye right away. Also have your fenders out and lines ready on when you launch, She slides right down. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Do a search. This topic just came up a couple of weeks ago. Very detailed thread with a lot of opinions.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Why screw around with converting to rollers? :whazzup: IMHO, I'd just install UHMW slides on the bunks. A lot of newer trailers use these.
Most rollers I've seen freeze up after a couple of years anyway. I'm a bunk guy, never had rollers. Like Bassin said, they can be a little tricky to set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts