IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a boat that has a 1995 Suzuki 140/100 motor with a pump.
My questions are:
What shops in the Portland area work on these if I need something done? and What kind of reliability is typical of this year of Suzuki outboard?
Thanks in advance for the help,
Surejam

·
Registered
876 Posts
There are two new Suzuki dealers/shops the Boat Works II in Wilsonville and Siglers listed in addition to Sportscraft on the Suzuki web sight.I have an 88 DT85 and even though got boat second hand has worked well.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Boat works II in Wilsonville does the work on mine. It seems like they have always taken a week longer than expected and come in a little high but have never had complaints about the work.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Well there's the problem isn't it.

Sportcraft Marina is one dealer and where most of the shops go to get their parts.

Brown's landing I believe. Been trying to get my Forty worked on and .....

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I have 2 Suzuki DT75 motors for sale for parts... dunno what that tells ya?...

·
Registered
287 Posts
There were 2 main reasons for selling my 1993 Duckworth with a 140 Suzuki. 1) The motor was not reliable to fish a complete season without having carb trouble. 2) There are very few Suzuki repair shops around.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
We got a 1997 140/100 jet, used it all summer without a glitch. Seems to have plenty of power, and doesnt seem to use to much oil, but it does suck the gas at full throttle.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I looked at a boat earlier this year that had the same motor. The motor it self is very popular on the east coast. I have heard alot of positive feedback on them. The only thing is they are not popular out here.

Cartman

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alrighty then...........
This actually helped me out quite a bit. I had a few other things to help me decide weather or not to get this boat, (it was only a 16 footer,and the price)
It sounds like I will hold out until I find "The one"!!!
Thank you again.

Still on the hunt :shrug: :shrug:

Surejam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts