IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Oregon but want to take my dad fishing one day this week up in Puget Sound / Hood Canal area?

He would love to fish the bouy 10 / columbia river area, but he's now 81 and not doing too much driving anymore. I know he wants to get back on the water.

If anyone could e-mail, or leave a message here, on where I might have a decent chance for success up in that area, I would be grateful for your leads. I grew up fishing Puget Sound, but am out of touch on what's happening there lately.

My dad lives in Olympia. We could launch there, fish the south sound, or run up to Tacoma to fish Pt. Defiance or the Puyallup, or Seattle area to Jeff Head, Pt. No Point, etc.

He mentioned yesterday the he heard they're getting humpies in Hood Canal...If that's true, where, as I could take him there. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks...

[ 08-24-2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: bullhead ]

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you can afford it; the very best fishing in the Northwest is at the mouth of the Columbia River. Hire a guide to take him out in a big guide boat. This is the safest, most comfortable thing to do for an 81 year old.
Otherwise, I'd go trout fishing at Lake Merwin. Good Luck!

·
Registered
144 Posts
If your dad lives in Olympia, there is a Puget Sound Anglers chapter there. Go to the website www.pugetsoundanglers.org & then to the South Sound Chapter. There are names & e-mails for the officers. Or go to their message board & make a post requesting info.

I would also try [email protected] He lives in Shelton & just headed up a 2 day derby that ended today in Hood Canal. The largest, top 3 money winners were in the 20-21# slot, (some 26# & 30#ers were taken but no derby ticket).

But since the water is 64-67 degrees the fish are getting slightly dark even in the saltwater & somewhat lethargic. You have to put the bait right in front of them. Most used lures this week-end were green glo HotSpot flashers & Coyote spooons in army truck, chrome, or cop car. Others used a green hoochie behind the flasher. Then there was one boat that used the standard Bouy 10 diver/Fishlash/herring.

This guy also fishes parts of the lower & western sound.

I also talked to another member today who fishes the mouth of the Nisqually/Anderson Island up to Chambers Creek & they were doing good there earlier this week.

Then there is the Point Defiance area, which is a mini B10 merry-go-round.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the leads and suggestions. Machinist I will try to contact fishhog211....Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts