IFish.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I had the chance to fish with Puffin and CD Johnson. We headed out early from Garibaldi and picked up 16 tuna about 15 miles out. On the way in we spotted jumpers at 4 miles from the jaws and then dropped in salmon gear at 2 miles off of twin rocks. Puffin was using a coyote spoon... wham, down it went. Low and behold a peanut. The spoon was destroyed... the peanut was eaten. Fair trade I would say. We picked up 6 coho. Thanks to Greenbutskunk for the special lure.

As always, it was great to be out with Jon.

·
Registered
486 Posts
:applause:Absolutely awesome! :applause::bowdown:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Way to go Puffin! :smash:

BTW- Rogue has a special edition beer out right now. Puffin Pale Ale!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Dang, you guys are gonna make me work harder to get them in close now. :applause:

My closest has been 8 miles out in 2003. Guess I'll have to watch the warm water up close some more. :meme:

Great job guys! :bowdown:

·
Registered
571 Posts
WOW!!! Good job Jon.

About the only ones left unscathed this year have been the guys in the surf fishing for perch... so far!! :passout:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Nice job!:smash: What kind of an outrigger is in that pic?
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Windsurfing mast. Totally bulletproof. Last year I threw them in the rig without securing and as they only weigh 6-8lbs one flew out on the freeway and the other was being drug by the guywire and banging around under the boat and freeway when I noticed a strange new noise. Looked in the back and had no outrigger poles. stopped retrieved the one and tracked the other down in the ditch. Both are fine and these are stout enough to run handlines $75ea used.

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
That is a classic pic right there!! The only thing that could have made that pic any better would have been the "G" in the hill in the background. :applause:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts