IFish.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A letter response I got back from Mr Wu after questioning the gill netters. I can post the whole letter if there is interest.

As a sports fisherman myself, I am knowledgeable about the economic impact recreational fishers have upon local economies. That is why I am a firm believer in the value of federal hatcheries to offset the damage done to salmon and steelhead runs by the hydroelectric system. I have consistently supported increased funding for the hatchery system and will continue to do so.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let me know your views and share your first hand information. Should you have additional questions of concerns, please contact me at 503-326-2901 or 800-422-4003.

With warm regards,

David Wu
Member of Congress
Does anyone know if fishing licenses are public record... Id like to see how often mr wu actually buys a licenses, he says he is a "sports fisherman" cough cough

·
Registered
480 Posts
Our representatives always feel better and work harder when a constituent, who they responded to in writing, basically calls them a liar on a public forum.

·
Premium Member
22,117 Posts
They are public record.

A letter response I got back from Mr Wu after questioning the gill netters. I can post the whole letter if there is interest.

Does anyone know if fishing licenses are public record... Id like to see how often mr wu actually buys a licenses, he says he is a "sports fisherman" cough cough

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our representatives always feel better and work harder when a constituent, who they responded to in writing, basically calls them a liar on a public forum.
there are plenty of times I inquire about the validity of public officials statments... Such is the statment of Mr Bernie justo knowing nothing about Neil goldschmidts past activities, even thou he was his personal driver... When I stop quiestioning public officials statements, thats the day they slipped the coolade in my whiskey / coke... sorry to offend you and any others of my question.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Jimsbuddy - you are absolutely right to verify the validity of Mr Wu's, or any public officials statement. A question to the board of "Does anyone know if the purchase of fishing licenses is public record?" would have let you know that fishing licences are public record (thanks Bill).

You post went beyond that and added commentary that implied Mr Wu was lying to you. That is the part I took issue with.

John

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
Yes, Rep. Wu fishes and I've seen him at some of the Association of NW Steelheaders events.....

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
Yes, Rep. Wu fishes and I've seen him at some of the Association of NW Steelheaders events.....
I am happy to hear that Mr. Wu is a fisherman.
Although I can understand a bit of skepticism after Mr. Kerry's stories of hunting prowess a few years ago, it is not completely fair to tar all these statesmen with the same brush.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
John, you have a point. I often don't choose the correct wording in my statements (ask the wife :shocked: ) thanks for your response in clarifying it...

jim

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Qusi-public…
The new IPOS system maintains much more information than the old system.
You would have to know the name and DOB of whom you wished to look up

David Wu DOB 4/8/1955

:jester::jester::jester:

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
*** hahaha rp

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,163 Posts
If you buy a hunting/fishing license, you know what it means. If you appreciate a skilled and knowledgeable data source, you know what it means.

If you drink the kool-aid, you really know what it means. :wink:

·
Registered
13,576 Posts

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
:applause::laugh:

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Tillamook Anglers sold Mr. Wu a raffle ticket at the Portland Sprot Show a few years back. He won a framed fish print and we delivered it to his DC office.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts