IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Honda 15 HP. I am looking to buy a replacement prop. Does anybody have any recommendations as to where to look or want to share a good buying experiance.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I guess that depends on why you need a new prop. Is the old one damaged or is the pitch wrong for your boat?
If it's damaged you can get it fixed for less than a new one (usually). :smile:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking to buy a replacement prop for one that I dinged up this last weekend. If you know a good place to get on worked that might be a good option and hoepfully save some $$$$$$$.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Had mine repaired at Ampro (over by the Freddies dist center on the east side).. my prop for the 15hp merc cost around $50 to be repaired. Cheaper than a new prop.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I used to get mine fixed at Beaver Marine, but I think they've changed hands, and the last time I talked to them I got the impression that they don't repair them on site anymore. :whazzup:

·
Registered
16,800 Posts
I'ver heard only good things about Ampro.

Since they're far from my corner of the world I use Indendant Marine Propellor (I think that's close) located under the north side and just upstream of the St.Johns Bridge. Easy location if you're on the west side.

Usually $40 to $50 depending on how bad you've banged it up. They also re-pitch props too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts