IFish Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ive never been over to the Roberts bay side but am thinking about giving it a go late next week. If I show up on a thursday am I going to find anyplace to park my camper and launch a 16' boat?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Nice slabs for 4hrs of work. Go get em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aren’t they gorgeous fish? Look at them from different angles and the blues and purple flecks can be seen. Better get them this month. Is the new fish cleaning station open? It has been “closed for the winter “the last two summers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Aren’t they gorgeous fish? Look at them from different angles and the blues and purple flecks can be seen. Better get them this month. Is the new fish cleaning station open? It has been “closed for the winter “the last two summers.
Yes beautiful fish. They are definitely starting to stage.

The fish cleaning station is still closed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow beautiful fish. If you dont mind, about where was your location? And shore or boat? Thanks.
All fish were caught upstream from Jasper point. They were caught off a boat but can also be caught from the shore easily. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
All fish were caught upstream from Jasper point. They were caught off a boat but can also be caught from the shore easily. Good luck!

Crappie bite is red hot. Flyrod action with white wooly bugger. Fish are in close to shore. Nice to see a couple 5inchers show up. Most are 11 inches and deep. Bite won’t last long.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone know if the dock at the State Park is floating, I have a 20' Thunder jet and like using the dock when launching and recovering.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Im curious how turned off the fishing will be this weekend because of the wind. I'm anxious to go but it's a long boring drive if the fishing is off.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Im curious how turned off the fishing will be this weekend because of the wind. I'm anxious to go but it's a long boring drive if the fishing is off.
Wind, cooler temps, weekend crowds are all factors to consider. Crappies can turn on and off like a light. Later in season they will move deeper and be harder to catch. Water levels are another issue here this year. Only way to find them is to try.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not sure how the boaters did but fishing was very slow from shore. Fished State Park, Jasper, and near the dam for less than a dozen crappies between three of us. All crappies were caught close to shore and during mid-day. Also got a trout which woke everyone up.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
A little off topic but I'm heading to Prineville Res first weekend of June for some bass fishing. I like fishing up where the Crooked comes in. Anyone know how far up you can get? Last year I was there around mid-June and I was shocked at how low the water was and it was a stream until you got close to the no-wake border. This year seems even worse.

I'll be dropping in a drift boat so as long as I can get access to the water I can launch.

FYI: Targeting largemouth mostly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A little off topic but I'm heading to Prineville Res first weekend of June for some bass fishing. I like fishing up where the Crooked comes in. Anyone know how far up you can get? Last year I was there around mid-June and I was shocked at how low the water was and it was a stream until you got close to the no-wake border. This year seems even worse.

I'll be dropping in a drift boat so as long as I can get access to the water I can launch.

FYI: Targeting largemouth mostly.
If you thought last year was bad, its even worse this year. Water is so low right now by June it might be dried up.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts