IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you tried Lake Pend Oreille? I have a second home on that lake and I am a dock dealer in that area. It is beautiful country!! Thanks for the pics!!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
God's country, for sure. Nice fish.

How well do the lakers BBQ? The one's I've seen at Odell have lots of fat in the belly.

Sledder, I saw you are selling your jet boat in favor if a big lake boat. What kind of boat are you planning on?

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Way to go

Those fish look like rejects from Jenny Craig... wow are they fat :shocked:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I grew up on that lake as a boy. I sure do remember that place. I used to watch outdoor movies at Kaniksu resort! I lived on a tributary called Granite Creek. I used to catch unbelievable cutts as a young boy. Some Dollys would come up from the lake to spawn and some times I would get into one of them on my old trout rod.....What fun....memories... :cool:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fish Mojo, I am looking for a 22' or longer hard top welded aluminum with a outboard 225 horse or so (Honda, Yamaha) with a 16 degree or sharper hull. Boulton boats has a model . North river has a model also. I am doing some searching within the Canadian boat builders. Silver streak has a few models. It all depends on if I can sell the river boat.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Fished Priest Lake in northern Idaho last week with my wife and a business colleague from Iowa. It was HOT on the lake so we fished from sun-up to about 11:00 am, then swam and enjoyed the lake the rest of the day. We finished the day with 12 mack's all about 8 - 12 lbs. No pigs this trip...We released all but two for the grill. It was the first time I had been to that part of Idaho, but it won't be the last.

[ 08-08-2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: 6wapiti6 ]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nice Fishes!!!
Great Report!!!

Beautiful place!!! The scenery up there is awesome!!!

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice fish and what a lake! Priest is beautiful, but I too have been to Pend Oreille more often, as that's where my mom grew up. I still have several cousins that live there...Sledder, you know any fellows by the name of PAt or Sean Garvey, or Duane Abromeit? Pat and Sean are my first cousins. We used to vacation up there a lot when I was a kid and then with my kid in the 90's....Great country!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sledder, Northwest Jet has made a few Signature Models like you are describing, they dont have pics on their website but give them a call and Im sure they'd email you a few.

Also, Stay away from Sandpoint, I got a ticket for leaving my truck and boat parked on an empty ramp while trying to find a bathroom.

·
Registered
391 Posts
its kinda sad people from other states have seen more of northen idaho than i have.
i sure would like to fish priest lake thoa, thats where quite a few of state record fish were caught

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The world record Kamloop Rainbow came out of Pend Oreille. It is now in the whitehouse. It was given to Roosevelt as a gift. Sandpoint police are a booger especially the water cops. They have been nice to me about 50% of my encounters so far. I will check with Northwest jet. I know a few people in N. Idaho. I don't live there full time yet. I do know a dang good outfitter for whitetail, bear and cougar. In case anybody is interested.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Nice fish. :cheers:

That's some great country up there, for sure.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
When we left Hills resort, we hugged the right shoreline untill we came to a large flag pole near the bank (maybe 1/4 mile or so). We fished directly out in front of it in about 150' of water. White flatfish or hoochie rigs right on the bottom seemed best. I know they tend to move around the lake quite a bit so not sure if they'll be there or not? Good luck.....As for grilling, they were great. Had heard some bad things about them (muddy,fat,etc.), but these were wonderful.

[ 08-11-2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: 6wapiti6 ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts