IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Sportsman Warehouse and wanted some eggs [they had more eggs than a chicken farmer] and they recomended Priddy eggs my question is does any one else use these and how are they.They seem to look and smell good to me. And secondly how would the tide water eggs work on the Santiam[I notice they had a salty taste to them] Thanks :shrug:

3,877 Posts
I recently purchased some of Waynes egg cure and the eggs I cured look great.

Need to get them out there and use them though...

Still fishing the Bay too much. I guess recent success makes me stay put till I hear otherwise regarding the rivers.

This should be an interesting string however because I know Wayne is an excellent fisherman and am anxious to hear how his eggs are doing.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Only tried them once on the nestucca and got two fish first thing in the morning.They stoped bitting on waynes eggs got one more on a homespun cure and one other bobberdown.Waynes eggs fished well, milked well. :smile:

R.R.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well, this may sound out of line but who cares? I've been using it for 3 years now and its better than all the cures I have tried. Yellow Northriver emailed me just this morning and told me he bonked two on the head this weekend and had a bunch of take downs. I know for a fact this stuff works. I learned alot from ***** the day we put the first batch together for the Sportsman's Show last year. However, remember if you go fishing with one type of curred eggs you may as well only take one hook. Give the fish a choice. Use the backbouncing cure on the Santiam. Just my honest opinion.

3,877 Posts
Scott,

I just spoke to someone who went out on the Trask today that I gave some of Waynes egg cure to him that I bought from you.

They used those cured eggs and the results were positive :dance: . They went 6 for 11 today. He said the fish loved it :dance: . I couldn't verify that until the last couple hours but now I have a report that I can hang my hat on.

I am looking foward to back bouncing some of this stuff. Like I said, the eggs I cured up look great. Can't wait to find out.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I gotta go thumbs up on Priddy's cure. Thanks Scott, this stuff is awesome. I cured them up following the directions and I even did a batch with my own twist. They both came out great. They look and feel good and they milk out just fine. The silvers on the Elochoman like them at least, 3 for 4 last Fri and 0 for 4 Sun. They were picking em up but I just couldn't keep em hooked. The one I lost Fri broke me off. The eggs were very successful in my opinion. :dance:

·
Registered
428 Posts
KHH
The two coho were caught on Priddy the remaining nooks were hooked on Quick Cure. The majority of which were shamefully crackered off. Big loose nut betweed rod and boat.
Randy

[ 10-22-2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Hogback ]

·
Registered
289 Posts
I fished the Siletz two weeks ago with Grant Scheele to learn the river and his technique we went 4 for 6. So I went back last week things were slow not seeing a lot of fish caught but we kept working the drifts, got to the last drift about 12pm. I always carry at least 4 cures with me. On the first drift had on the tide water cure. Lets say I am embarssed to admit it but over the next 3 hours I went 2 for 6 (set the hook to soon need to reel down first) and my two fishing partners only got pogpies. Both fish were hens 35 and 25. one note on the first fish i thought it was a poggie but when it held the bobber down to long I reeled down in it (this is what Ammerman tells you to do) I felt the head shake and missed it. I should have left it but I reeled it in and the fish chased the eggs to the boat....Ouch...

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I notice they had a salty taste to them
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Your not supposed to eat them, they are for the fish. :grin:

3,877 Posts
Hey Randy,

It is good to see you fess up :bowdown: ... I have to admit your holding the rod is a bad thing when you are running quickfish as is to my casting ability down at the brushline :laugh: .

Between the 2 of us we make a pretty good half wit
but I do owe you for teaching me and being patient with me when I was struggling with my drift fishing techniques. I always was frustrated with that until I got the feel down and now it is like 2nd nature as long as I am not fishing for them in the trees :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for all the knowledge and I am sure we won't stop ragging each other when we display our professional tendency's and propensity to not ever mess up :laugh:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Scott
I figured it was better to drop a dime on myself before everybody else did. I'm sure Terry would have been all over me like a cheap suit. We are pretty relentless when he crackers of a fish. We still rag him about stuff he did years ago. Just a little self defence, God the truth hurts!
Randy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts