IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a person tell me that he has had luck using a prawn spinner on a five foot leader and a plug three or so feet below that.He said he was trolling. Sounds like the setup would almost act as a diver for the prawn???? What are the rules for hooks though.... can i use 2 on my plug and one on my spinner ??? Has anyone heard of this or something simmilar?? :shrug:
Anyone had some luck on Drano or the Wind??? Just curious if the fish God was smiling on us poor anglers down there yet :bowdown:

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
In Oregon you can use 3 hooks, and a treble hook is considered as 1 hook. I almost always will fish a double set-up. I personally like a Prawn Spinner on the bottom, and 2 1/2' up from that I will fish a small homemade spinner. I use 2 hooks in the Prawn and 1 hook on the spinner. Last year we got several fish on the upper spinner, and my wife got her first this year on the upper spinner. It Works, Give it a try!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Speader to rig #1, (prawn spinner) then a couple feet of line, another spreader to rig #2 (herring) then lead line... just let it out slow while trolling.......good luck....

Jeff

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
This is how I now rig for doubles. We will usually anchor fish, so walking out a double outfit is out of the question, it will tangle up every time, but try this method.
I will rig my spreader the normal way, I use a 3' lead dropper, and 4' leader to my Prawn Spinner. I will cut the main line at the spreader, and will slide up the main line, in this order, an 8 mm plastic bead, a 4 mm plastic bead, then a bobber stop, slide this up your main line, and re-tie your spreader. Now, slide the bobber stop/beads up your main line about 3'. Bait up the Prawn Spinner, put the weight on your dropper, and walk out your rig to where you want it. Now take a short piece (2'-2 1/2') of 25# leader. Tie on a interlock snap clip on each end. On one clip attach your spinner, open the other end, and put it around your main line, and let it slide down your line, it will stop when it reaches your beads & bobber stop, and will fish from there. If you hit a fish on the top spinner, the bobber stop will slide down to your speader, and the fish can be landed like normal, albeit, w/ a tangled mess, but a fish you may not have gotten w/o the second offering!! :shocked: This works really well, Try It!!!! Thanks Talons!!!

[ 04-08-2003, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Drachir ]

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
In a recent class I took on springer fishing from Talons, Drchir was there, Joe stated that we could have 4 hooks in the Willamette this year. He stacks spinners and is able to effectivly fish a 8-12' water colum. He had a real cool way of stacking the spinners. Can someone check on the 4 hook rule in the Willamette I am on a slow 16K connection right now and it takes forever to access odwf.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
I have not checked on the 4 hook rule, but I liked his idea w/ the bobber stop so much I have re-rigged all my rods this way. Thanks Talons!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.