IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to an article in today's Eugene R-G, the Eugene Parks & Rec. Dept. recently completed a new $300,000 concrete boat launch facility on the Willamette River at Alton Baker Park (near U of O's Autzen stadium). This is the only paved, developed boat launch on the Willamette in the Eugene area...and will be open ONLY to non-motorized craft...although powerboats are legal in the Willamette. I've run my jetboat in that area a time or two...but its a long way up there from the closest launch downstream...with some whitewater & skinny spots to navigate...not something I want to run at the crack of dawn, exactly.

Yet another reason to hate :mad: Eugene
!

If I still lived in Eugene and owned a jetboat, I'd resent being taxed to pay back the $300,000, plus interest for the new, top of the line canoe launch.

I wonder if any State Marine Board funds went into this project? :whazzup:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
The People's Republic of Eugene strikes again. :hoboy:
Why do they need a $300K ramp for canoes & 'yaks? I'd be tempted to use it anyway, just too see if they have the cajones to cite me.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
>>>The People's Republic of Eugene<<<

Better get Lars Larson out there in his sailboat, this ought to make a good topic tomorrow!!!
:grin: :laugh:

[ 06-01-2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Mad Mikey ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts