IFish Fishing Forum banner
141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
in other forums, people have said Outdoorlimited is legit. I almost bought 2k magnum primers for $149.99 per k. That's way more than what most others have on their websites even though they aren't in stock.

What really irked me was the next day, they had jacked the price up another $10 per 1000.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
in other forums, people have said Outdoorlimited is legit. I almost bought 2000 magnum primers for $149.99. That's way more than what most others have on their websites even though they aren't in stock.

What really ****ed me off was the next day, they had jacked the price up another $10 per 1000.
To clarify. They are a legitimate company that is price gouging.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I’d pay it for (1) brick. I’m down to my last 400 F215’s... but just one brick, and then I wouldn’t buy anything from them again because I don’t appreciate the price gouging.

So please call it out here if they come back in stock. But when I looked, they were out...?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Retumbo, H4350, H4831, etc starting to show up in stock multiple places online this past week. FYI. Midway has multiple of those in stock as I type this. Powder Valley had them last week. Good to see some of the harder to find powders showing up again on the mainstream websites.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Not sure how many of you shoot Berger's out of your 6.5's but Gunwerks is unloading some 140 gr Elite Hunters on their website in groups of 1200 right now. Pretty much a unicorn to find in the marketplace. I've been looking for over a year now so I scooped some up.

·
Registered
13,704 Posts
To clarify. They are a legitimate company that is price gouging.
If they weren't "gouging" they wouldn't have anything in stock. Just like any other retailer. It's called supply and demand.

The problem isn't the retail side, it's the hoarders who buy every single item they see, every time, regardless of the price. Legal, yep. Asinine? Absolutely.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rank Amateur

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
If they weren't "gouging" they wouldn't have anything in stock. Just like any other retailer. It's called supply and demand.

The problem isn't the retail side, it's the hoarders who buy every single item they see, every time, regardless of the price. Legal, yep. Asinine? Absolutely.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I agree on supply and demand. But also think the problem is both. Also agree that If guys weren’t paying the ridiculous prices it would normalize. But have had to pay those prices a couple times myself in a pinch. Its kind of like filling up at the gas station, I just try not to look at the price.

Another poster mentioned he’ll pay the high prices now, but will refrain from doing business with them in the future. I’m in the same boat. I quit buying from CTD the last time things went bonkers.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I think I bought a brick of CCI LRM’s from PV today. Got them into my cart, then it said they weren’t there, tried again, and it let me check out... got my order confirmation... fingers crossed.

F215’s, or, be still my beating heart, F215M’s are what I really want. But CCI’s don’t suck and should suffice.

Reactions: Butcher45

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Cabela’s has 7mm 162 ELDM’s

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
As a total noob to the world of reloading I'm trying to find trustworthy websites for buying powder and primers. So far every site that I've looked at that claimed to have some unicorn stock available wanted to be paid in bitcoin which made me a wee bit suspicious. All of them have turned out to be scams. The standard Brownells, Midway, etc never have anything in stock so anytime I see anything I stock on a site I'm immediately suspicious.

Can anyone point me towards some sites that are reliable or is that akin to giving me the GPS coordinates to your favorite honey hole?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Powder valley, midway, brownells and Hodgdon are all legit. You will find that powder valley probably had the best prices on powder and pretty good on bullets and brass too. Have not caught primers there yet. Have caught primers at brownells a couple of times. Have recent purchases from all but hodgdon and they all work well. Check multiple times per day as they put up different products. Good luck!!!

141 - 160 of 179 Posts